Delkevic system for a Kettle

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Chris57

Delkevic system for a Kettle

Post by Chris57 »

For the 1st time in 3yrs my company were kind enough to give us all a bonus a Xmas and I'm contemplating investing mine in a Delkevic system for my 1974 L model before my good Lady allocates it to something she'd deem far more "useful". I appreciate the system won't be the same design as the original due to it not having the link pipes but that doesn't bother me. My thinking is that due to the original system currently on the bike having already been re-chromed few years ago by previous owner and in 7/10 condition it'd be best to preserve it.
The only concern I have, other than successfully pitching the idea to my good Lady, is that I've read about instances of people having quality issues with the Delkevic system. I guess it could have just been a bad batch, has anyone here had issues/negatives with them?
Roger Ackery

Re: Delkevic system for a Kettle

Post by Roger Ackery »

;) Hi,just on 14 months ago I bought & fitted a second hand set of Delkevics to my A model,apart from sounding different to the original pipes,I'm very happy with them,chrome work is very good,& fitting was very straight forward.I think the bike sounds a little like a T500 at idle :P
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Get some Microns on it man!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

Alan H wrote:Get some Microns on it man!
Funny you should say that as about a year ago I "invested" in a set of lovely new black chrome Gibson's for my 350 YPVS, again it was an unexpected windfall that sparked that purchase too. There's no denying that they're a superbly made & finished bit of kit, the icing on the cake though is that Missus had know idea about the purchase.
Well played Sir I hear you cry, the only thing is...............................they're still in the box, I'm off to get my flack jacket & tin hat on now :oops:
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

I ran my 750L around for ages with a set of 750A pipes on until I finally found a usable set of "L" pipes.

A couple of years ago Delkevic would sell their pipes one at a time so it was possible to get a set of Inner pipes and still retain the "L" outers (if there are any around). Even the "L" centre down pipe is different to the J/K models I think. (not checked the p/n tho).

At least the Delkevic system gives us more of a choice.

Do the modern Microns look OK?. The older ones looked Great
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

nairb123 wrote: Do the modern Microns look OK?. The older ones looked Great
Not sure, they're shiny old ones on mine.
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Alan H wrote: Not sure, they're shiny old ones on mine.
They look like the old style. One of the few expansion pipes that actually seem to fit the 750 and not look out of place.

A good alternative. Shame they dont still do them in the old style.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Have a word with Mick Abbey at Abbeyspeed, he'll make whatever you want and you can coat/paint/ceramic/whatever you like with it/them. He did some really nice spannies for the Earwig (clicky) on the page it should land on.