CARB SET UP

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
keithbailey

CARB SET UP

Post by keithbailey »

Hi
I am trying to do the initial car set up on my K model. The workshop manual is telling me to remove the inspection bolt from the carb and set the bike to full throttle when the mark in the slider lines up with the top of the inspection hole, when i try and do this even when i have the cable ajuster on the carb top fully wound in i can still twist the throttle which makes the mark in the slider go well past the inspection hole,hope that makes sense. Any ideas please.
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
barney01

Re: CARB SET UP

Post by barney01 »

The sight hole is only used for two reasons.
1. To make sure all three throttle bodies are at the same height
2. To adjust the oil pump cable.
Make sure when the throttle body mark is at the top of the sight hole that the mark on the oil pump armature lines up
Here is how I balance and set up the 550 https://youtu.be/jJGl_hab3Bg
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Exactly as Barney says the "dimples" in the slide are there to synchronise the slides and set the oil pump up.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

Fantastic, Many thank's Barney.
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3