Historic tax

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
mick 63

Re: Historic tax

Post by mick 63 »

I did mine yesterday 5 minutes in the post office and all sorted ;) cheers Mick.
julian

Post by julian »

Hi my kettle regd 08/76 40 years old ,went to post office today enquired about historic tax they looked it up and yes my bike is tax free nice to get something for free off of the government .They did everything for me and sent log book off really easy process amazed .
zapo

Post by zapo »

Not my lucky day. Went to the post office with tax renewal in hand and explained that the bike now qualifies as historic. They hand changed the V5 (so far so good) then asked me to sign the new keeper section so that they can send it to DVLA.........even though I'm not a new keeper?....then said I had to pay now and would get a refund later.
Debate was pointless as they "know what they are doing" and the DVLA is wrong.
Can't risk to miss a sunny days ride out so I've paid up for 6 months and look forward to me rebate :roll:
I had two stroke's and survived.
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

zapo wrote:Not my lucky day. Went to the post office with tax renewal in hand.....
Pity you did not try another PO. I tried 2 in my area when changing the tax class to Historic. One said it could not be done and I had to pay.... the other processed it fine with out payment and tax class changed. Not all PO are up to speed.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No some are totally useless. Must be trained by dvla.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

zapo wrote:Not my lucky day. Went to the post office with tax renewal in hand and explained that the bike now qualifies as historic. They hand changed the V5 (so far so good) then asked me to sign the new keeper section so that they can send it to DVLA.........even though I'm not a new keeper?....then said I had to pay now and would get a refund later.
Debate was pointless as they "know what they are doing" and the DVLA is wrong.
Can't risk to miss a sunny days ride out so I've paid up for 6 months and look forward to me rebate :roll:
Should not of had to pay, if they scan your v5 with a barcode scanner should be free?
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

zapo wrote:then said I had to pay now and would get a refund later.
You shouldn't pay at the Post Office.
zapo wrote: then asked me to sign the new keeper section so that they can send it to DVLA
You don't fill this section in either.
zapo wrote: Debate was pointless as they "know what they are doing" and the DVLA is wrong.
They obviously don't know what they're doing.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000