Tomorrow is Historic Day

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
nairb123

Tomorrow is Historic Day

Post by nairb123 »

So tomorrow being the 1st of April its Historic vehicle tax day for those of us who have such a vehicle.

So good luck to those who will be waiting in the long queue at the post office with current mot in hand and all those other bits of paper.

I will wait another couple of weeks before going thru the pain.
stevewharton

Re: Tomorrow is Historic Day

Post by stevewharton »

Mine becomes "historic" tomorrow, so I've been to the post office today for a dry run practice. I followed all the instructions given on the DVLA website to the letter but you've guessed it, the instructions were very incorrect and although the post office said they could sort it for me, I've got to go back tomorrow to do it, I wonder if I'll get the same person or someone else with no idea?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

stevewharton wrote:Mine becomes "historic" tomorrow, so I've been to the post office today for a dry run practice. I followed all the instructions given on the DVLA website to the letter but you've guessed it, the instructions were very incorrect and although the post office said they could sort it for me, I've got to go back tomorrow to do it, I wonder if I'll get the same person or someone else with no idea?
When mine became "historic", i was told that from 1st of April and if the tax was due ,to write historic in the taxation class on the v5c and hand it to post office for taxing, It worked!!
I had been in before the 1st and had argument with the counter staff, he said not a rolling programme?
I think they only know what the computer tells them!
All good know just had my reminder for second free year :D
Just make sure the bike is due for taxing or it will not work, you may have to sorn it and then retax?
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Post Office was empty. Took my V5 in with change to Historic taxation class completed. 30 seconds and done. They send my V5 to dvla and I was given a receipt showing taxed for 1 year, cost £0.00 Success :D
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

stevewharton wrote:Mine becomes "historic" tomorrow, so I've been to the post office today for a dry run practice.
I think you might struggle Steve - It's 1976 bikes that become eligible this year ( unless you've got a personal plate on yours ).

Mine's actually a later B model but when it was imported it was declared used / manufactured in 1976 so I'm now sorted. Took a couple of pics to capture the Spring feel on the first local bimble :)

1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Yes it does look like my bike's a 78 model with it having an "S" reg' plate on it, but it says declared manufactured June 76 on the V5 and it got the "S" reg' after being used as a demo bike on trade plates for the first two years of its life.
Anyway I've successfully registered it as historic this morning, so that's 80 odd beer tokens staying in my pocket each year from now on :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
gtblues738

Post by gtblues738 »

Hi lads its my first post, great to see so many people about.
Main reason for post is to celebrate the birthday of my J, yep first reg on the 1st April 1972, Soon to start a nut and bolt rebuild to do her justice and to fit a very special exhaust, will post pics as and when.
I'm looking for a spare J petrol tank and rad cover if anybody can help, I'm in Berkshire UK.
About to down some beer's to celebrate.
Best regards,
Ian,
gtblues738.
:tw
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Its a good start to the m/c season when its zero road tax.... and there after. Its great to see the system does work when its April fools day.
steveb2582

Post by steveb2582 »

Sounds like a win situation with nothing to pay ,we have them fools in Australia can' nt read through the rules correctly and it cost us $$$$.Had a real head ache getting mine on the road with red tape and fools ,had to get it engineered a factory standard.Couldnt get any one to back down on what they thought the correct procedure was just coughed up the $$$$, And still missed my speedo in MPH should be KPH here in OZ
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Being a sunny day I took my mongrel 550A for its MOT. And with a freshly printed mot in hand I went to the post office where, without the slightest hesitation the bike gained its "historic vehicle" status with nowt to pay.

I think its out for a little trip later to celebrate.