Black side panel - gt380/550

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
nairb123

Black side panel - gt380/550

Post by nairb123 »

I have several black side covers. All different shades of black & a couple of plain (original?) finish.

My question is.... did the black panels get a further coating/finish of black before fitting. 2 of the panels have a rubbish finish - but otherwise are fine with no cracks or splits so I thought I might remove the paint. But I presume they then need a top coat??.

Ta
Nairb
Alan H

Re: Black side panel - gt380/550

Post by Alan H »

Depends on what you want to end up with.
They all need a good top coat and laquer. Trouble is, you don't know what the PO did.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Talking about side panels, has anyone got a left hand side one preferably in black. Beer tokens waiting.
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

To put it another way.... if I was to buy a nos black side panel would I need to get it sprayed with a black/satin coat??. I seem to have a black 550J & 550 in the original finish that are just black plastic. Did they come out of the showroom like that?.
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

My 550B has the original side panels, they are plain unfinished black plastic with the decals applied directly to it.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl