Street Tracker

Post here if you are doing anything different
teazer

Re: Street Tracker

Post by teazer »

Steve,

Not racing in the normal going round and round to see who gets back to the same place first sort of racing. I have taken it out a few times drag racing with the Super Eliminator crowd. They are mainly H2 racers apart from Kevin "the Hatchet" Hutchinson who rides a GT750 that this year ran a nitrous 139mph at 9.9 IIRC

Mine runs in the STOCK class where seat and bars are irrelevant but it must have suspension, OEM carbs and footpegs in the stock position. Side covers are 2" thinner each than stock and made of carbon fiber as is the front fender it now wears. Hand switches are from a GSXR with new wiring look using an Eastern Beaver PC8 mounted on a plate where the fan would go, and relays on ignition and lights. Air shifter uses a CO2 bottle that lives in the seat pocket and solenoids and quick shifter under the left panel and is activated by the horn switch that changes from Horn mode to shifter mode with a microswitch hiding on the headlamp/numberplate bracket.

Chris,
Glad someone spotted the "TR" barrels. They are a set of L model barrels mildly ported and machined a little on the outside to save weight and change the look. It created a huge pile ow cuttings on the shop floor and hardly made any difference to the overwhelming mass. But every little helps and since it started as a pair of TZ rims, some spare hubs, a pile of mismatched motor and chassis parts plus a frame with paperwork. On the street is has a 3 into 1 Strader pipe that sounds great but doesn't rev as high as the Jemco pipes.

It was built as a Street Tracker with zero intention of ever taking it near any sort of race track. Now it has shortened forks and shocks and low bars to try to keep the front end down. Porting is very mild and it makes just less than 80 rear wheel HP on street gas.

When my race bike is finished, I'll put the high bars back on this one because it is so much fun to ride. It weighs about the same as my RZ350 and makes 75 lb Ft of torque so it's perfect form my weight and advanced years.....Plus 2 finger braking. What's not to love about a street tracker.

</threadjack> :)