PROJECT TETANUS

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
rodent

Re: PROJECT TETANUS

Post by rodent »

Picked up my bar from the chromers, nice but not perfect. I can live with that given that the chrome of that era was pretty sh*t :)
Just now ordering fork stanchions, seat foam and some other bits from Cruzinimage.

rodent

Post by rodent »

Blasted my gauge tins and seat back to bare metal today to re-attempt shading the suckers Black :(

Applied 2 coats of Epoxy primer and 3 coats of primer-filler, hopefully blow some black over them next weekend 8-)

I have a seat cover and foam on the way, just gotta sort a stainless strip and some ali rivets.

We're going into Stasi lockdown here in the Melbourne metro due to the Virus running wild, I've got my fingers crossed that I might still have a job this week and in weeks to come :(

maj750

Post by maj750 »

Thanks for the updates, pretty sure mine will follow a similar path when it arrives
who are you getting to do the crank (i am assuming your Melbourne AU)
rodent

Post by rodent »

maj750 wrote:Thanks for the updates, pretty sure mine will follow a similar path when it arrives
who are you getting to do the crank (i am assuming your Melbourne AU)
I was going to get it done by a fellow in the UK, but he stopped responding to my emails. I don't have anyone locked in yet as the Virus has put a kibosh on travel in Victoria :(

Do you have someone lined up for your crank?

PS: Maybe introduce yourself before the local click put a big toe up your arse :(
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

rodent wrote:PS: Maybe introduce yourself before the local click put a big toe up your arse :(
And I thought it was us "Poms" that are supposed to be "Whinging." I suggest you find a suitable forum in Oz if you're not happy with ours, one where angry people are tolerated by the local "clique," not click. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
rodent

Post by rodent »

stevewharton wrote:
rodent wrote:PS: Maybe introduce yourself before the local click put a big toe up your arse :(
And I thought it was us "Poms" that are supposed to be "Whinging." I suggest you find a suitable forum in Oz if you're not happy with ours, one where angry people are tolerated by the local "clique," not click. ;)
No anger here ;)
maj750

Post by maj750 »

Probably should do the intro, was sort of waiting for the bike to turn up and include a pic etc
quick search gave a promising result in Melb with C&C in Thomastown, but also going to check with a few mates who have been into the Waterbottles for years for there thoughts
rodent

Post by rodent »

Gonna paint some more tomorrow, seat base is mostly ready and gauge tins just need a guide coat rubbing off.

If I have a failure like last week they'll be getting farmed out :( Not even sure why I'm doing this as I despise painting(mostly because I'm impatient and just sh*t at it) :(

rodent

Post by rodent »

On a good note, here's a pic of the next carb I'm putting on my Nova later in the year. Hopefully it's better than the last one :(

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Blimey that carbs a real beast 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!