So I finally got my cylinders and head back from the machine shop. All new Wiesco pistons going in fine so far....Uh, the last wrist pin seems a little long and the C clip grove is not showing...Hummm. The pin is pushed far enough in as to be firmly against the other C clip...Hummm. So I measure the other wrist pin and kawabunga! One of the wrist pins is almost about 1 mm longer and will not work. So why the longish pin???
It measures out at 57.90mm. The other ones are at 57 mm +- a couple thou or two. So I ordered a new OEM wrist pin and will have to wait once again to finish the engine.
We will see.
At least some progress is made in other areas. The master brake cylinder was completely rebuilt with all new innards and a paint job with a new sticker. Lots done on the radiator also. The last "Biggie" thing is a refurb of the gauge cluster. The gauges worked fine when I got the bike and the clocks were not faded. So I'm opting to do a cosmetic refresh only. The caps were all re-chromed and I have a lot of new screws and bits. Next week maybe. I decided not to include a OEM fan system as Baz pointed out that the things never turn on no matter how hot it gets.