Crankshaft

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
Patrick

Crankshaft

Post by Patrick »

Hi

I am french and i have GT 750 1977.
what do you think about crankshaft made in ASTRAX?
Thank for your response
Cdlt
Patrick
senicoli

Re: Crankshaft

Post by senicoli »

Patrick wrote:Hi

I am french and i have GT 750 1977.
what do you think about crankshaft made in ASTRAX?
Thank for your response
Cdlt
Patrick
is someone extracting the urine here and thats not a proper introduction come on AL sort him out :lol: :lol: :lol: colin
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I fear he needs sympathy having a gt750, but a crankshaft made in astrax? Is that a place? :?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

Alan H wrote:I fear he needs sympathy having a gt750, but a crankshaft made in astrax? Is that a place? :?
he deserves sympathy just for being french and a dodgy crankshaft how bad can it be :) ;) colin
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

It is possible that the chap has seen Astrax's posts on the stuff he mills on his CNC machine and drawn the wrong conclusion. Seems like a huge coincidence otherwise.
astrax

Post by astrax »

Alan H has just given me a shout, not sure if Patrick has been on my website and seen the photos of my crank and assumed I had made it, rather than it being the modifications Chris Applebee had done, easy mistake if English is not your first language

But would like to welcome Patrick to the forum, have you had your GT750 for long ?

The modifications have removed about 1kg of weight, but not sure if I would have it done again as quite expensive, it is difficult to know if there is any acceleration advantages, just know my bike runs well, but may not be any better than normal crank ?
Contact me if you want any information.

Thanks
Ian
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

I had a good idea that Patrick was a genuine biker. He thought that Astrax had manufactured the crank hence his enquiry. Didn’t think he was a spammer which is why I approved the post.

Hope he comes back after the negative comments.

Welcome to the forum Patrick
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Have to say having lived on France until recently and was a member of a French GT forum they always treated me with the utmost respect. They even tolerated my poor french I have sent him a PM to find out what he wants.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

It is very important that anybody who joins this forum is treated with the upmost respect I will not tolerate anybody been belittled or disrespected. there are other forums you can join if this is your bag.
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

BAZ wrote:It is very important that anybody who joins this forum is treated with the upmost respect I will not tolerate anybody been belittled or disrespected. there are other forums you can join if this is your bag.
it was a joke a bit of fun he will need a sense of humour on this site its ok for every one else on here make negative comments to yorkies welsh lancastrians brummies scots northerers and southerners I had plenty myself but I have a sense of humour