Crankshaft

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
RickyPell50

Re: Crankshaft

Post by RickyPell50 »

Sorry but i totally agree with Baz on this one.There are a large number of members on this site now that joined to get and share information on their preferred bike and if you count up the number of members most never post.(i wonder why). I for one was looking forward to this years rally after missing last years but am alas going to miss this one due to an exhaust hating member going and feel meeting him and a few beers may spoil every bodys weekend..............Rick
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

He doesn't hate them Ricky, he just prefers summat else. When Richard & I did that run with you a couple of years age, I preferred to be in front of your bike cos I thought it was very noisy - and pulled your leg about it - but we're still mates. I took the 3-1 off tbe 550 as Richard thought it was too noisy - and I must admit, it got tiring after 500 miles at the tt a couple of years ago!
I've met Paul a few times and he's ok really, considering he's from the wrong side of the pennines, but if we can't agree to disagree on stuff, whether beer is involved or not, it's a poor place we're in. Anyway, I'll sit between you and be a diplomat. How's that? :shock:
You coming now? I'll threaten to buy you a half of shandy if you do - how can you resist that offer? ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
barney01

Post by barney01 »

I have had a PM from Patrick. His Crankshaft is shot and he wanted to either buy replacement or get his one repaired. I've told him I can give him a list of UK engineers but because of the weight he would be better going local. I have also given him a link so he could join the French forum which I am still a member of. ;)
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Hi Ricky I missed last years rally to and i'm looking forward to going to this years , I was hoping to see you there and have a natter, don't let stuff get to you and just let it over your head its a lot less stressful ;) cheers Mick.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I'm not coming cos I don't like any of you :roll: :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:I'm not coming cos I don't like any of you :roll: :lol:
That's cos yer a wazzock. Image
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I think your safe going to the rally Ricky as it's unlikely I'll be able to make it :(
I'm amazed you manage to get so upset over my views though? I give the Yorkshire wazzock loads of stick over his 550's and we still manage to remain friends (ish) :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote:I'm not coming cos I don't like any of you :roll: :lol:
That's cos yer a wazzock. Image
I not sure what a wazzock is, I thought it was a Yorkshire term of endearment or even Alan suggesting how he admired my common sense for not wanting to join in at the drunken rally, perhaps he could enlighten me :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Gents,

For the benefit of doubt, according to Google, the definition of Wazzock is "a stupid or annoying person". Now, I found a number of other definitions of this word but none suitable for repeating here. Funny thing is they claim its a Northern word. Well blow me, Liverpool must be in the southern region of the north of England as I've never heard that phrase until it was broadcast on this site. Of course, we in Liverpool have other words to replace Wazzock but, if I remain true to my Equality & Diversity training I shall refrain from repeating them here.

It saddens me to hear that people may be staying away from the rally this year because of a comment regarding how aesthetically unpleasing Higgspeed exhausts appear on a GT 750. Lets hope the proprietor of the company hasn't read these posts as, if he has, I'm sure he'll making an appearance at the rally to shout WAZZOCK, WAZZOCK, WAZZOCK at the offending person. whether he'll drink plenty of beer and hit that person with his handbag remains to be seen but, for me, I would find it highly entertaining as I haven't seen a good fight between two elderly gentlemen for a long time.

Come on gents, put an end to this and return to what the forum is really all about, our bikes. I know people take the waz (another endearing term for urine) and its great when its in good taste. The problem is it hijacks the thread and usually takes the original thread off topic. I know, I know, I'm guilty of this myself and I must learn to curb my enthusiasm for doing so. Where I draw the line is when its aimed at new people signing up to the forum.

Put it this way, you make an appearance at the local social club following a recommendation from a friend. You've turned up to show off your prized Onions, Marrow, Pigeons or your stamp collection. Use your imagination on this one. Its your first time at the club and other members decide to take the waz. Do you go back, probably not.

Please give new members time to settle in. I'm sure they join in with the waz taking given the opportunity once they get to know the other members.

Kind Regards

Martin
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

And gurgle know nowt at all about the definition of a Yorkshire word. It means whatever you want it to mean at tbe time of saying it and depends on tbe tone of voice or context. So there. Ner.