jeffers resto

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
jeffers

jeffers resto

Post by jeffers »

well here goes, this is indeed a commitment to restore the kettle, a few pictures of pre strip
these are the pics i was looking at when i bought it
these are the pics i was looking at when i bought it
kettle 2.jpg
it has been sat in the garage for probably 5 years before i decidied to strip her down
camping 007.jpg

the pictures origininally must of been taken a good few years before the sale!!!
Attachments
camping 012.jpg
camping 010.jpg
camping 009.jpg
do you think it will polish up? :)
do you think it will polish up? :)
jeffers

Re: jeffers resto

Post by jeffers »

hopefully it will blossom from what my wife described as a pile of sh*te when i returned home with it to a usable good looking bike

thanks for looking
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the forum we will help anyway we can. Are you just making it a good runner or as new restoration! It looks complete and restorable. If you put your location somebody nearby may be able to help. The engine is 85 kgm so don’t lift it on your own! Cheers BAZ
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Welcome also Jeffers!
You will have great fun doing this. Everything is doable, just a question of what you would like to end up with and how much you are willing to spend to get there. Lots of experts on the forum (definition of expert - made every conceivable error while learning :-)
Your pipes look in pretty nice nick ie not badly dented - there are some very good rechromers who will sort these for you at reasonable money.
Let us all know how you proceed and what your plans are.
Cheers!
Mike
camper

Post by camper »

hi jeffers

where abouts are you located.it has just taken me 12 months to restore mine just waiting for the clocks to come back.
sheene7

Post by sheene7 »

My wife said when i bought mine what do you want with that old thing but now its done she really likes the bike all the best with your restoration.i know a good chromer just ask
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

Thanks for the offers guys, i am in Macclesfield cheshire and could do with reccomendations for the chroming, plating and powder coating work. the pictures don't really do it justice, its a lot worse:), but the main thing is as Baz says its all there. i have been emailing various people, gary for the clocks, custom-paint etc, i would like an as new ish look, but it will get used, if it looks half as good as mikes i will be chuffed, Mike, i have copied a picture of your bike to my desktop....its my inspiration.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Jeffers,
I will ask the others to step in with recommendations on many things, but do want to share the pipe chromer I used, as strongly recommended.
Follow the link...
http://www.kettleclinick.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=171
Cheers!
Mike
didge

Post by didge »

welcome Jeffers, as Baz says it's all there which is a bonus, dig in, be patient, and enjoy.
sheene7

Post by sheene7 »

HI I used R ANS S Electroplating limited for my chrome check out there website if you send them a picture of the parts you want done they will give you a quote on line and are very good and not to slow.Hope this helps regards Steve