x7 project

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
GT380c

x7 project

Post by GT380c »

hi

its great to see that there are at least a few folk on here that have or have had the fabulous 250......in the x7...

was going to save it for a winter project but I think I may start it early, but will probably not be completed till next spring though

I will post pictures as it comes on but will not be in any great detail etc as we have all seen it before..with stunning results..

the bike is pretty much all there but is pretty poor, the foto below makes it look better than it is,

anyone with any guidance or advice please pipe up..the only question I have for now is...the handlebars have a raised area between the clamps, would anyone know if these are the original...the reason I ask is that the amount of rust on them matches the amount on the forks etc...which are original..

IMG_2231.JPG

thanks

john
Gary66

Re: x7 project

Post by Gary66 »

Post up a piccy John and I will look at our white one for you ;)
Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

Just enlarged your piccy John and they look right but a better angle would confirm ;)
GT380c

Post by GT380c »

here you go, what do you think ???
IMG_2395.JPG
Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

Ah, I think they are the right ones John, not 100% but they do look correct. If you buy some new ones be careful, I bought some "drag style" ones which sat lower somehow and it fouled the ignition. I sorted it with some risers which worked , but only just ;)
GT380c

Re: x7 project update

Post by GT380c »

a quick up date on the x7 project.
a running bike, sunday afternoon
a running bike, sunday afternoon
28 pieces of metal Monday lunchtime and at the powder coaters by 3pm
28 pieces of metal Monday lunchtime and at the powder coaters by 3pm
to be washed in petrol de rusted and off to the platers tomorrow.
to be washed in petrol de rusted and off to the platers tomorrow.
forks will be stripped this week and the off to be re hard chromed, I try and refurb all original components that came from the factory, I will only buy the bits that are beyond repair.refinishing etc. it would be much easier though to order a load of Suzuki bits and bolt together ;) ..
Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

Good progress John :)
RickyPell50

Post by RickyPell50 »

Hi John I have had my X7 from new and still wears all its original parts. The handlebars on yours are deffo from something else are similar style but have never seen one with the raised section in middle I will post picks of mine later................Rick
GT380c

Post by GT380c »

Thanks for that Rick. All advice and guidance welcome. John.
RickyPell50

Post by RickyPell50 »

Here,s mine and with higgspeeds as well..................Rick
Attachments
005.JPG
002.JPG