delkevic exhaust

senicoli

Re: delkevic exhaust

Post by senicoli »

Scotch750 wrote:
2strokejohnny wrote:
senicoli wrote:ordered a of set of exhausts from delkevic at a generous discount I might add yesterday (friday) at 4pm delivered today (saturday) at 11.30 am hows that for service very impressed thats my weekend taken care of :D colin
how much with generous discount ? 2sj
Wuh, Hi Col, how much did you get them for in the end ?
Cheers Scotch.
I got them for £1300.00 a discount of £200.00 on their advertised e bay price not a kings ransom but better than a kick in the nuts :) ;) colin
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

senicoli wrote:
Scotch750 wrote:
2strokejohnny wrote:
how much with generous discount ? 2sj
Wuh, Hi Col, how much did you get them for in the end ?
Cheers Scotch.
I got them for £1300.00 a discount of £200.00 on their advertised e bay price not a kings ransom but better than a kick in the nuts :) ;) colin
Cheers mate.
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

what is the old exhaust system you have taken off like ? 2sj
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

2strokejohnny wrote:what is the old exhaust system you have taken off like ? 2sj
usual story a few dings a few scratches marks from the battery acid overflow pipe they are solid no holes baffles all in and firm had the baffles out for a clean last year nothing rattles in the pipes was going to have them rechromed but a bad experience with a local chromer put me off they are a good solid set of pipes they just look tired they woulld look good rechromed if you can find one that is not a total t@sser I nearly forgot balance link pipes nos two years ago hangers also chromed colin
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

finally got the delkevics on the kettle this morning (sunday) quite straightforward all bolted up moved bike and realised drive chain fouling bottom exhaust unbolted everything pushed and pulled twisted and yanked got there eventually bit of a pain these things are sent to try us all tightened up all revved up and did sixty mile on her no difference in performance at all exhaust tone I was shocked almost identical to original if anything slightly quieter than original they dont sound tinny at all well pleased colin :) ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Did you read the instructions before or after the chain incident, Colin? :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

Alan H wrote:Did you read the instructions before or after the chain incident, Colin? :lol:
I havent read instructions since flat pack furniture days (many moons ago) mind you they didnt have a drive chain to worry about :lol: :lol: :lol: coli