Suzuki GT 750J

Kevine6959

Suzuki GT 750J

Post by Kevine6959 »

In case there is any interest on the forum for A Suzuki GT750J manufactured Nov 1971 so a very early one, first registered Jan 1972.

I own two of these bikes along with several other makes in my collection. I have invested quite a lot of time and money into my other one so sadly may consider selling this one.

As stated it is a totally original motorcycle 1972.It has original 7000 miles on the clock, I purchased the bike from the owner 4 years ago in the USA and brought it back here. I have really enjoyed working on the bike servicing it, chain and sprockets, carbs cleaned and serviced, new cables and brakes etc etc. I have had the bike in storage on and off since as I have been travelling with the good lady on retirement.

I have now settled down and purchased several other bikes and another GT 750J identical in the pink, this one has turned into a bit of a project so looking at poss advertising the first one.

I have a current MOT on the bike and it is registered on a K plate. It starts and runs well but needs to be given a good run out.

I think everyone knows the value of these bikes so open to any suggestions but obviously not giving it away

anyway throwing it out there

Kevin

being picky if I could afford it i would have the frame powder coated, the paint and panels are in good order but I don't have the time which is a shame as to have two like this would be a great investment
KETTLE BOY

Re: Suzuki GT 750J

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Could you post some photos of the j, so we have an idea, of condition so we can make an offer.. Also the location of the bike.. I have a friend looking for one, but if I tell him he will say.. Where is it? Any photos?.. How much he asking?.. Thanks.. ;)
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

Kevine6959

Post by Kevine6959 »

Here are some photographs of the J

as requested

just refitting my engine on second J model so nervous about selling this one, but need to be sensible as just bought a kawasaki KZ1300 to add to collection

Kev
Attachments
DSCN3356.JPG
DSCN3355.JPG
DSCN3354.JPG
DSCN3353.JPG
Kevine6959

Post by Kevine6959 »

further details

all the chrome is in good order, the exhausts are good but showing their age, not rusty or anything. I had the battery box and end cones powder coated, the paint work is excellent for the age, replaced cables changed oils, carbs cleaned and set up by Baz the legend. The mileage is original as stated as I spoke with previous owner. If someone wanted to take a bike to the next level then its a great start. I intended to strip it down and start with powder coat the frame and work back. I in the mean time purchased a second one which forced my hand a little as had the engine rebuilt and more works.

so genuine sale

Kev