Wanted gr 380 coils

Swainy3

Wanted gr 380 coils

Post by Swainy3 »

Hi guys after a set of coils for a 380 must be good working condition with no wiring repairs etc
Cheers
lairdofsmoke

Re: Wanted gr 380 coils

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Hi Swainy3.
I'm surprised nobodies mentioned the fact that the GT380 coils are the same as the same as the 550 and 750 even the mountings are the same, so any will go straight on.
So that widens your options for finding a set. I used to refurbish them years ago for my customers, when I had my business,, I could even fit carbon leads into the coils, I don't however recommend the silicon ones,(they don't give such a good resistance reading) as straight tinned copper etc or ordinary copper ones.

If you would like to run through resistance checks to see how good any you do get hold off then by all means contact me, I prefer to check minus the plug caps, as they can give a false reading, as I don't know how well up on such things you are I'll leave it at that for the time being.
Hope I've been of some help.

John S
Formally J.S M/Cs
On fragrant cloud
Gr8uncleal

Re: Wanted gr 380 coils

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Did you ever get what you were after?

Attached to a GT550J wiring loom that I got from the US was, amongst other things, a set of coils. However, I have not tested them and nor have I tested the ones that came fitted to my own GT550J.

If you still need a set, then I'll dust off my old (analogue!) multimeter and set about testing them. If you don't, I won't disturb the spiders!