Lovely. lovely bike but.....

canaletto5

Lovely. lovely bike but.....

Post by canaletto5 »

Harrymail

Re: Lovely. lovely bike but.....

Post by Harrymail »

But it's not worth that money ! Quite a few things not quite right as well.
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
slosher

Post by slosher »

Very nice bet a tenner he's not married :lol: :lol:
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
swarrans

Post by swarrans »

I wouldn't think his "guarantee" it is a great investment is worth much! I can pretty much guarantee it's only going in one direction versus that inflated number!

This has been discussed before but I think viewing our bikes as guaranteed investments is a fragile argument as there are so many things that could impact it - all the people actually wanting them (us!) falling off our perches or legislative changes banning two strokes etc etc. Obviously they have been pretty good investments to date but who knows what the future holds?...

Simon
Last edited by swarrans on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Great bike, shame he is selling it on and trying to get his money back.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

swarrans wrote:I wouldn't think his "guarantee" it is a great investment is worth much! I can pretty much guarantee it's only going in one direction versus that inflated number!

This has been discussed before but I think viewing our bikes as guaranteed investments is a fragile argument as there are so many things that could impact it - all the people actually wanting them (us!) falling off our perches or legislative changes banning two strokes etc etc. Obviously they have been pretty good investments to date but who knows what the future holds?...

Simon
Hi,yes the market will rapidly disappear for the old Japanese Bikes
as we all get older,to old to ride them or as stated,fall of the Perch :roll:
My Kettle never gets a second look these days, 10 years ago I had offers to buy her every week :tw I wasn"t selling then, & have no immediate plans to sell in the future :idea:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
crazy4557

Post by crazy4557 »

Roger Ackery wrote:
swarrans wrote:I wouldn't think his "guarantee" it is a great investment is worth much! I can pretty much guarantee it's only going in one direction versus that inflated number!

Simon
Hi,yes the market will rapidly disappear for the old Japanese Bikes
as we all get older,to old to ride them or as stated,fall of the Perch :roll:
My Kettle never gets a second look these days, 10 years ago I had offers to buy her every week :tw I wasn"t selling then, & have no immediate plans to sell in the future :idea:
I think that's more to do with the amount of these 70's bikes having either been or being either restored or being put back on the road. They all but disappeared for decades and now we're almost awash with them from the USA. I suspect most of the people with either fond memories or a mid to late life crisis's have been served and so the market is now a bit smaller. Still a few people that are looking but I reckon the market is shrinking every year due to so much stock around.
1976 GT550A in black
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

What's that strange pattern on top of the rear guard..
Wozzap

Post by Wozzap »

I think the flaws in your argument are
One, take the BSA Goldstar. According to the owners club they have more bikes on their register than BSA ever made , so clearly some owners have been mugged with ringers but there are a lot of them around. Good ones still fetch £25k inspite of the fact that the demographic who had them (or wanted one) back in the day will be well into their eighties now.
And two, Sebastian Vettel has a Kettle (and a good few other classic bikes) and at 31 he is way to young to have had one back in the day.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Each to there own, but that does deserve a 'HAAR MUCH' all on its own!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated