Airbox to Carb rubbers

teebowbusablaster

Airbox to Carb rubbers

Post by teebowbusablaster »

As above, mine are hard and short (ooeer), am I to assume that these are like rocking horse poo ? Don't REALLY want to be forced down the pod filter route, it spoils originality, but better than running the risk of an over lean mixture.
stevewharton

Re: Airbox to Carb rubbers

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Terry, there is a procedure that'll make all six rubbers softer, this involves soaking them in different solutions, which varies depending on who you ask. (suggestions should start appearing soon). Alternately you could contact Baz who'll probably be able to supply you with new ones.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Sent Baz a message, but have ordered 3 from elsewhere, so that I have them for tomorrow, to fit. There is visible daylight between the carb body and the rubber as it is, so not riding it till THATS sorted, mind you, the roads here are covered with salt again this morning.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

White over this morning in Grimsby and roads covered in salt :shock: so my planned first ride out on our GSX1100 has been put on the back burner, again!!! :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".