Lucas headlamp unit.

stevewharton

Lucas headlamp unit.

Post by stevewharton »

About ten years ago I replaced my kettles sealed beam headlamp lens, with a Lucas unit that took a replacable halogen bulb, a massive improvement and well worth the £20 that it cost from a dealer at the Stafford show.
Then about five years ago a stone hit the glass and cracked it, so I bought another Lucas unit off ebay, however when I came to fit it I noticed that the back of the unit was considerably deeper than the first, making it very difficult to fit all the wiring, connectors, etc, in the now limited space in the headlamp bowl.
As I've just bought a very nice headlamp bowl off Terry, cheers mate and will be fitting that soon, I wondered does anyone have any idea where I can buy a Lucas unit with the shallower back, or is there a code number that identifies the different types, or does anyone have one to sell me?
Thanks in anticipation.
Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teebowbusablaster

Re: Lucas headlamp unit.

Post by teebowbusablaster »

I've just put a NEOLITE unit in mine, c/w LED bulb, think it's for a Volkeswagen of some sort.
20190707_101645 50%.jpg
malky

Re: Lucas headlamp unit.

Post by malky »

I've got a Lucas H4 flat halogen one on mine it came off a series 3 Jag and fits a treat
Mal.