FOR SALE GT750

Alan H

Re: NOT FOR SALE GT750

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:I'd be the same as you Mick, I often wonder what's gonna happen when I'm to old to ride FAB, the options are.
1). Never sell it, just keep it in the garage, start the engine now and then and just gaze lovingly at it. (I have owned it 32 years :roll: )
2). Give it to my son in law, I know he'd look after it.
3). Sell it on, but I think I'd be too fussy about any new owner and would probably frighten them off with multiple questions/grilling under a hot spotlamp.
4). Strip it down to the last nut and bolt and sell each bit on ebay :shock:
5). Have it buried/cremated with me (it's been done before :| )
6). Raffle it off, £10 a ticket :?:
7). Donate it to the the Clinic as a display bike and as an example of how a paint scheme should look :D
Or does anyone have a better suggestion?
Go with the cremation thing, at least it'll be warm.
Didn't realise you'd already tried it though, mate.......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote:I'd be the same as you Mick, I often wonder what's gonna happen when I'm to old to ride FAB, the options are.
1). Never sell it, just keep it in the garage, start the engine now and then and just gaze lovingly at it. (I have owned it 32 years :roll: )
2). Give it to my son in law, I know he'd look after it.
3). Sell it on, but I think I'd be too fussy about any new owner and would probably frighten them off with multiple questions/grilling under a hot spotlamp.
4). Strip it down to the last nut and bolt and sell each bit on ebay :shock:
5). Have it buried/cremated with me (it's been done before :| )
6). Raffle it off, £10 a ticket :?:
7). Donate it to the the Clinic as a display bike and as an example of how a paint scheme should look :D
Or does anyone have a better suggestion?
Go with the cremation thing, at least it'll be warm.
Didn't realise you'd already tried it though, mate.......
See what I mean about twisting my words (Alan again :roll: ) You've got too much time on your hands mate, but you've just inspired option 8). Sell it to Alan cos he's minted :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I was before I ended up with a gargage full of 2 strokes!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:I was before I ended up with a gargage full of 2 strokes!
And what exactly is a "gargage" Alan? Something that measures how big your garden is perhaps?
How's it feel to have the tables turned eh? ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

A big garage full of 'stuff', Steve.
It's short for 'gargantuan garage'. I shortened it a bit as I realise you may have a problem with words with more than 4 letters.......
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:A big garage full of 'stuff', Steve.
It's short for 'gargantuan garage'. I shortened it a bit as I realise you may have a problem with words with more than 4 letters.......
The only problem I may have is finding long words that are truly descriptive such as, "perpetually irritating" and "incomprehendably annoying". Shorter words I have no problem with such as, "smart a###d t##t".
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

mick 63 wrote:Hi i have had a change of heart and decided to keep my Kettle , cheers Mick ;)
Good to hear Mick ;)
GT750A