Part wanted please.

stevewharton

Part wanted please.

Post by stevewharton »

Hi guys, help needed please.
I'm after a part for my 1993 GSX1100G shaftie, It's the small clamp that fits around the handlebars and holds the clutch master cylinder in place with two screws, it's also the part that the mirror screws into.
I've tried the usual classic Suzuki dealers who say it's either obsolete, or if obtainable would cost £70+vat :o If anyone has one or one from another bike that would fit, I'd be most grateful and willing to buy.
Don't ask how it got broke, lets just say it's a good job my garage is carpeted. So if I can't find a replacement I guess my only other option is to get the broken one welded, any thoughts on the likely success of that?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Re: Part wanted please.

Post by Alan H »

Nothing similar on ebay Steve?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Nothing in the GSX1100G section, if I knew which other bikes share the same part I could look further, any suggestions?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Have you ever looked on cmsnl website? They have full schematics and part no’s
for almost all old Japanese bikes. Good for comparison and availability in my
experience, I’ve spent days on there over the years! :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Can you post pics Steve? I got a fair selection of spares when I bought my Kat some of which are not Kat parts
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You may get a part numver from here - https://alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm - and then try that on ebay.

Item numbers.....

Or 352713191450

Or do a search for 'suzuki clutch master cylinder' then select used or parts only.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Thanks for all the help lads, I've just found one on ebay for £16, looks like it could do with a bit of paint but it'll do.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Good man.
Mine's a pint by the way......... :roll:

:lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote:Thanks for all the help lads, I've just found one on ebay for £16, looks like it could do with a bit of paint but it'll do.
Bloody hell steve I’ll never get rid of all this scrap highly collectible spares cache :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Once again thanks for all the help guys and yes Alan there will be drinks all round from me at the 2020 clinic rally and if that isn't a good enough reason to attend, then what is? :roll: And Paul, if this part I've bought off ebay isn't right, I might be getting back to you ;)

Re' the above round of drinks, forgot to mention that you must be accompanied by both parents and both riding kettles :roll: You'll recognise my Yorkshire ancestry there Alan ;)