What a great service

mizzytheman

What a great service

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Gents.

We all do this I suppose, including me, but we tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. Take Alan H for instance "Harr much, Harr much". Never heard him say "Harr little". :lol:

Anyway, I was at Stafford the other week and I thought I would treat my Z1300 to a new set of brakes pipes from the guy at the HEL store. When I enquired he said £80.00. I said, "HARR MUCH" that seems cheap. Is that for the full set? Yes, three for the front and one for the rear. Can I have them in black with stainless banjos? No problem, call back in half an hour and they'll be ready for you.

When I got home I couldn't be bothered watching 'Strictly Come dancing' and 'Victoria' :oops: so set about installing the new brake pipes.

Anyway, my excitement soon turned to disappointment as it became obvious that some of the pipes were longer than the standard ones and the banjos were different in that some didn't have the angled type. The obvious thing to do at that time was to blame the poor fella who supplied them. :oops:

Bike is a KZ1300 (import) and not a Z1300. As the bike is badged a Z1300 that's what I told him. so I goes on the HEL website to find that the KZ and Z have different part numbers. Checks the UK manual and the USA one only to find that they are also different part numbers. Not sure why that is but that's a different story.

To cut a long story short I lost my mind :lol: I sent the guy an email and basically told him what I've just said above. He confirmed that they are different and he may have to make a whole new set. He told me to send them back. He emailed me today to say they are all done and in the post. I emailed him back to ask Harr Much. He replied saying, not to worry about it and I can buy him a coffee the next time I'm at Stafford. Now they haven't arrived as yet but I'm sure they'll be right as I sent him the originals for reference purposes.

Now, I did have his card somewhere but as usual, anything the wife finds laying around for more than 5 minutes get lashed in the bin :evil:

So if you're after new brake hoses here's his email address. mobilehel@gmail.com or john@helmobile.com

Regards

Martin
M1kee

Re: What a great service

Post by M1kee »

Great recommendation!
Suzuki GT750M 1975
BMW 2002, 1976
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

That will be John an absolute gentleman,
He has been a great help to us during the last couple of racing seasons,
No mater what we needed it was there for us.
He and his wife will have the stall at the bike show N.E.C.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Great tale. Restores or maintains our faith in humankind, that does!
Cheers,
Mike
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

mizzytheman wrote:
Now, I did have his card somewhere but as usual, anything the wife finds laying around for more than 5 minutes get lashed in the bin :evil:

Regards

Martin
So, how come your still around then Martin :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote:
mizzytheman wrote:

Regards

Martin
So, how come your still around then Martin :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
Hi John,

I don’t think she would be able to get her arms around me to put me in the bin.

Said that before “you know who” pipes up :D