Re-keying your locks to operate on one key

yeadon_m

Re-keying your locks to operate on one key

Post by yeadon_m »

Hi folks,
Some of you will have bikes which have more than one key because locks have been changed for one reason or another during their lives.
You don't have to put up with this! so, if it bothers you and you would like to have all four locks 're-keyed' to operate off one key of your choice, please contact me either by personal message on the forum, or on yeadon_m@yahoo.co.uk

Not only have I done my own bikes, but I have also successfully performed re-keying for Baz, and he is happy to recommend me (thank you!).

As a guide to cost, I would charge £100 to re-key your full lock set from 4 keys back to one. Obviously £ less if you just need a couple of locks changing. Most common would be re-keying an ignition switch back to the other three locks if its been changed. If required, I can also fix many (but not all - some are too worn out inside) poorly-functioning ignition switches while I am at it.

Some locks are unfortunately essentially unavailable (seat locks are very hard to find) and even if you do find a supplier, none will be at all likely to find you one with the right key number for you. So if you want to go back to one-key as when the bike was new, re-keying existing locks really is a good way to go.

Contact me for a no-obligations discussion. I am reliable and quite swift - no more than 1-2 weeks turnround.

Cheers,
Mike
yeadon_m

Re: Re-keying your locks to operate on one key

Post by yeadon_m »

by JOHNJENKS66 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:25 am

Hi all,I have just had the experience of useing Mikes re-keying service,and can reccommend it to all.The work is of the highest order,and resonably priced.I will definatley avail of this if needed again.Cheers again Mike,its nice to be back to only needing 1 key.
Gavinkuit

Post by Gavinkuit »

Hi all, just a quick note to say what a brilliant service Mike offers, well worth my 1.75hr journey there today - I had 4 keys for 4 different locks (ignition and steering lock new, tank flap and seat lock came with the bike). With Mike's knowledge we quickly noticed that the tank flap and new steering lock were only one number apart so one new key fitted, here fore we use this to just 're-key' the seat lock and new ignition (both these were new codes to Mike so he was happy to add to his database).
Excellent service, great cup of tea, and a please to be the first Kettle fettled in his new shed (more like man-castle!).
Attachments
IMG_0598.JPG
Tiger 900 GT PRO, TS185K, YDS6 250, RD350(A), GT380A, RD500 YPVS, GT550L, GT750A
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Cheers Gavin, great fun, too. Really like the look & sound of your original shorty Allspeeds.
Mike
Suzy57

Post by Suzy57 »

Hi Mike,

I am interested in having the locks changed to use one key only on my gt750.
How does it work - will I have to send you the locks/keys ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, it's not that far from Norfolk to Canterbury. :?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Its a long way from Dudley ;)
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

BAZ wrote:Its a long way from Dudley ;)
Everywhere is a long way from Dudley thank goodness :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
malky

Post by malky »

Broke down in Dudley on route to Stafford last month in the van :tw
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

malky wrote:Broke down in Dudley on route to Stafford last month in the van :tw
Was there a stinger across the road ;) :lol: