National Motorcycle Museum show 27th October

mizzytheman

Re: National Motorcycle Museum show 27th October

Post by mizzytheman »

zapo wrote:I could tell that it was going to be my lucky day as soon as I stepped out the house.
The car was covered in ice but I didn't have to scrape it because I went on the bike :tw
Then Richard brought me a coffee at the services (and not for the first time).
Then later, Alan brought me two more. :D
And Richard let me Road test his spare gloves- much warmer than mine.
And another bonus when I went the wrong way at the last roundabout as neither of them took the urine :roll:
Enjoyed listening to the Honda 6 that Alan mentioned. Very loud. And it amused me to see the bloke next to me who covered his ears and yet was wearing hearing aids :?
Anyway,, it's a tropical 8 degrees today so I'm off out for a bit more punishment - Alan if I see you in Matlock Bath today I will buy you a coffee, or two. :D
Hey Zapo,

You were exceptionally lucky. The cold weather must have effected Alan’s generosity :D
slosher

Post by slosher »

zapo wrote:The cold weather must have effected Alan’s generosity
Then again Martin it was a free day :lol: never seen so many Yorkshire men in my life :lol: :lol: at first i thought i were in Barnsley :lol: :lol:
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

slosher wrote:
zapo wrote:The cold weather must have effected Alan’s generosity
Then again Martin it was a free day :lol: never seen so many Yorkshire men in my life :lol: :lol: at first i thought i were in Barnsley :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

Alan H wrote:Been and returned! Had a good (but cold) day with a bit of rain chucked in for good measure. Kept dry by decent bike kit of course.
Lots of nice machinery and some old British stuff too - that 'Honda 6' of Millyard's sounds really well - I remember Hailwood's real Honda 6 in 1968 at Oulton sounding better though during my 'first' bike race meeting. He won of course......
Brekky and late lunch at the OK Diner was good and although he got the money out, Zapo didn't actually let go of it to pay, so Richard and me sprung for his coffees all day. :roll: :lol:
Met up with some others at the show and a good time was had by all.
Them's didn't go missed a good run out. About 190 miles round trip and 41.55MPG mainly at 'motorway speeds' or thereabouts :roll: gave decent economy on the Hippo, doubtless Richard's Pan did a lot better with the big fairing and more economical V4 engine.
video and sound of the millyard honda 6 on vjmc facebook site and sound on your phone of course al bleedin hell and ears that does sound well :) ;) colin
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

zapo wrote:Alan if I see you in Matlock Bath today I will buy you a coffee, or two. :D
Only just seen this bud, but I nipped up to Colin's today and then went to Squires - in the car - as it was rainy and bl00dy cold.
Don't worry about buying me a coffee, I've written it in my diary so I'll not forget. :lol:
slosher wrote: Then again Martin it was a free day :lol: never seen so many Yorkshire men in my life :lol: :lol: at first i thought i were in Barnsley :lol: :lol:
All the Barnsleyites were probably in a pub somewhere, most of 'em don't get out much away from their pit village - or aren't allowed out anyway!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated