Lincolnshire rally 2020

Rhencullen

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by Rhencullen »

Will the pub ( Whistle and Flute ) be open as well though Steve ?
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Not sure whether any pubs will be open Martin, even if we waited until September, however there is an off license bang in the middle of the village, right next to the guest houses. There's also a really large lounge in one of the guest houses, where we can all relax with a pint, just like we were in the pub. :D
There's also a chippie next to the off license and a chinese takeaway in the village that delivers.
Just asked Google the question and it says according to government guidelines, pubs could re-open as early as late June or early July.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Steve,

Me and Ray have just booked in for two nights on the 24th and 25th July.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

mizzytheman wrote:Hi Steve,

mizz&ray.gif
mizz&ray.gif (26.33 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Your private lives are no concern of ours
Peterg

Post by Peterg »

Excellent stuff
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

canaletto5 wrote:

Your private lives are no concern of ours
I refuse to be drawn into the debate regarding my private life. :D Anyway, Ray is not that way inclined. How do I know, Alan told me so ;)
Peterg

Post by Peterg »

I’m booked in 24th-25th, see you all soon hopefully
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

I have just re-booked for the 24th/25th July Steve

Regards Jeff
GT750A
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

stevewharton wrote:Hi everyone, I hope you've all been keeping safe and well through the last few months of uncertainty and are now chomping at the bit for a two wheeled get together. With that in mind I have some good news for those of you that asked for the rally to still go ahead, after it was cancelled in June.
I've just spoken with the guest house manageress and have been told that it will be re-opening on July the 4th, so I have made a provisional booking for us to hold our 2020 kettle clinic rally there, starting on Thursday the 23rd July, until Sunday the 26th July. So that's a four night stay for those that want it, but if you prefer you can stay longer or less, your choice.
The guest house would appreciate it if you would contact them to confirm your booking, so if you were booked in for the cancelled June dates, please still let them know that you are coming for the revised July dates.
The contact details are, Sharon Smith on 07850764002, and the address is, the Holcombe guest house, Victoria road. Barnetby le Wold. Lincolnshire. DN38 6HZ.
Don't forget to tell her that you are with the motorbike club and if you need any more info' ask on here, or PM me, or you can contact me on 07767854997.
Please do let me know if you are coming and how many days you are staying at the guest house, so I have an idea about numbers and to arrange rides outs, and if you are coming to the rally but not staying at the guest house, please still let me know.
I'll post more details re' arrival times, ride out times, eating arrangements, directions etc, a bit nearer the rally dates, but remember, as Fred Pontin once said, "Book early".
P.S. There has been a small increase in room prices, but for those that were booked in for the original June dates, the prices quoted then will be honoured.
Regards, Steve.
Okay so there's been a good response so far, with several members telling me that they're looking forward to attending the rally.
Here's the list of definite guest house bookings up to now.
Starting to look good, anyone else?

Steve & Diane - Thurs' to Sun' - 4 nights.
Alan H & Lynne - Thurs' to Sun' - 4 nights.
Mizzy & Ray - Fri' & Sat' - 2 nights.
Baz & Carmy - Thurs' to Sun - 4 nights.
Peterg & Kez? - Fri' & Sat' - 2 nights.
Dutch & Chris - Thurs' to Sat' - 3 nights.
Richard & Jackie - Thurs' to Sat' - 3 nights
Mike & Sharon - Thurs' to Sat' - 3 nights
Last edited by stevewharton on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".