2019 Ireland Run

JOHNJENKS66

2019 Ireland Run

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi all, your probably thinking WTF, 2019 run already being touted :shock: :shock: but there is a method behind my madness :D .

As already mentioned to a few of the gang, what about a trip to the Northwest 200 road races in Northern Ireland for 2019.
http://northwest200.org/

Promoted as the Fastest Road Racing on the planet. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but it's situated in a very beautiful part of the world, with plenty to see and do, and all pretty close to one another. The Races take place in early May, and are very well attended, so , a base Hotel would be the priority, hence the early "heads up".
There is a Premier Inn, in Coleraine, which is very central to most everything of interest.
http://www.giantscausewayofficialguide.com/

https://www.discovernorthernireland.com ... ney-P27502

http://www.joeydunlop.co.uk/

These are just some of the attractions close by, and there is still a day at the Races to take in.
Marty, is sure to point us in the direction on many more places to take a gander at.

So, any one interested, let me know, and we can start looking at accommodation.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Re: 2019 Ireland Run

Post by Alan H »

I'd be interested in that John - not sure about Lynn, but it's a holiday, so she'll possible be there!
Years since I saw any road racing in Ireland - all mental and plenty of what would be known as classic bikes.
They were current then!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

It’s a bit far in advance for me but I would be provisionally interested. The NW200 is one race I’ve never seen so it’s a bucket list thing for me
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

Definitely up for that one.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Don't be too alarmed by the early attempt to put this forward.
The race dates for 2019 wont be confirmed until after this years racing has finished, the 19th of May.
It is really only to gain an idea of how many rooms will be needed. It looks very likely, that they will be bookable, without a need for a deposit, and include free cancellation on a date very close to the actual event.
The ferry bookings should not be a big problem, with choices available from Liverpool and Holyhead.
Any of these routes would allow a visit to Belfast on route, if desired. There is an interesting Titanic museum there, Belfast being the birthplace of the ship.
One I forgot to mention, and probably of great interest to Baz, would be the Bushmills Distillery, home of some very fine Whiskies. https://www.bushmills.com/
Also, bikes could be brought over by van,which could reduce travel costs if a couple of you decide to travel together.

Anyway, have a think on it, over the next couple of months, and as soon as the 2019 race dates are released, I'll put up some links of possible hotels,and we can take it from there. Everyone welcome, so if it was on your "Bucket List" here is the chance to tick it off.

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Sounds excellent, I will be officially retired and I might even have my T500 finished by then :roll:
If not I’m sorry but it will be the diesel Kat :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh, Hi John,
Put me and Cas on the list.
Maybe a "two" centre holiday (3 nights at ea) ? ? Less time packing up and moving on ?
Cheers Scotch.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Better stil. A 1 centre holiday - no chuffin' packing and unpacking at all!
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

What about a night in Belfast, then a spin onto Larne, up along the coast road, and then onto Coleraine, where we spend the rest of the week.
Most of the interesting places to visit are only a half hour ride from here.

Not a bad response considering this has only been on a couple of days

Baz and Carmen
Richard and Jackie
Alan and Lynn
Scotch and Carol
Paul and ?
John and Nuala
Pete and Amanda
Last edited by JOHNJENKS66 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Make that Lynn's definite !