Kettle Teapot Frying Pan Tour

itsnotateapot

Kettle Teapot Frying Pan Tour

Post by itsnotateapot »

Just got home from a 10 day tour of France and Belgium with John jenks and Nuala.First few days was normandy doing the second world war sights, next few days was Belgium doing the first world war, ending up at Menim Gate.It was a very moving ceremony. an incredible holiday fantastic weather and great company. unfortunately John had a nasty incident boarding the ferry, I will let him fill you in on that one.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
Alan H

Re: Kettle Teapot Frying Pan Tour

Post by Alan H »

Dropped his wallet? Hope he's ok now.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

itsnotateapot wrote:Just got home from a 10 day tour of France and Belgium with John jenks and Nuala.First few days was normandy doing the second world war sights, next few days was Belgium doing the first world war, ending up at Menim Gate.It was a very moving ceremony. an incredible holiday fantastic weather and great company. unfortunately John had a nasty incident boarding the ferry, I will let him fill you in on that one.
After a visit to the hospital this morning, it appears I have "cracked" 3 or more ribs. All thanks to a dirty rotten German Bast@rd who decided to empty the contents of his sump onto an already wet deck floor.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Maybe Martin could give 'bouncing' lessons at the rally if anyone needs them.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hope its not too serious John and hope your ok for the rally ;)

Regards Jeff
GT750A
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:Maybe Martin could give 'bouncing' lessons at the rally if anyone needs them.
It’s a skill you can’t teach. You’ve either got it or you haven’t. Anyway, it only works with fatties :lol: keep eating those pies Alan.
canaletto5

John.

Post by canaletto5 »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote:
itsnotateapot wrote:Just got home from a 10 day tour of France and Belgium with John jenks and Nuala.First few days was normandy doing the second world war sights, next few days was Belgium doing the first world war, ending up at Menim Gate.It was a very moving ceremony. an incredible holiday fantastic weather and great company. unfortunately John had a nasty incident boarding the ferry, I will let him fill you in on that one.
After a visit to the hospital this morning, it appears I have "cracked" 3 or more ribs. All thanks to a dirty rotten German Bast@rd who decided to empty the contents of his sump onto an already wet deck floor.
Sorry you have had such an unfortunate spill John, hope you get well soon. I suspect the German nation is getting its own back for your strapline.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

I'm guessing he was a BMW owner, probably one of the very rare GS models, and became very jealous/worried when he spotted our superior Japanese bikes.

Devious little bast@rds that they are, he was still caught, and ejected from the ship.

Have been told approx 5 weeks before the ribs heal, so just in time for the rally :D :D
Shame that it happened, but it still did not spoil what was a fantastic trip, as Richard said, a really humbling experience, I would urge anyone who has ever thought about visiting any of the sites commemorating what those lads went through, to get up and go, you wont regret it.

On the plus side also, there are some great roads, and countryside to visit, and some great beers to sample, although Richard missed out on this as you all know he "dose not drink" , and the chance to meet some of vast number of other bikers touring around Europe.

Even the Mrs,after taking her first tumble from a bike, hopped straight back on, and wants to do more touring back around Europe, hopefully Italy, next time.

Will post some pictures soon,as I have a bit of time on my hands and can't really do too much at the moment, as they say it only hurts when you laugh.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Never mind all this talk about cracked ribs and other minor ailments etc
DID YOU DAMAGE YOUR BIKE? :cry:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It's a Honda Pan European. They are made from granite, so no.
The ship will be repaired over the next few months (where John landed) and Heinie the leaky Waggin driver is in hiding so John doesn't find him for a re-match when his ribs get better.

On a serious note, good that Nuala is ok, and nothing too serious with John. Quick recovery mate (and mate-ess).