Yorkshire Rally 2019

teebowbusablaster

Re: Yorkshire Rally 2019

Post by teebowbusablaster »

"Your knees are totally knackers " ? How does that work for you then ?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Not very well.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teebowbusablaster

Weather forecast looking pretty fair, only a 20% chance of rain for the weekend ! C'mon, lets be having it !
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:idea: I hope the "forecast" is wrong..& the Sun Shines" for guys, raining here on & off for over a week :roll:
Attachments
image.jpeg
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

OK, here's (hopefully) the last update! :roll:

Dates will be Thurs 27th, Friday 28th, Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th of June 2019
That's this coming weekend!!

Name(s) Nights Room type
Lynn + me Th, F, Sa, Su - Double
Richard + Jackie Th, F, Sa, Su - Double
John + Nuala Th, F, Sa, Su - Double
Baz + Carm Th, F, Sa, Su - Double
Mizz + Ray F, Sa - Twin
Dutch + Chris F, Sa - Double
Rhencullen + 1 F, Sa - Double
Mike Y F, Sa - Single
Haggler + Mandy F, Sa - Double
Terry (teebowbusablaster) F, Sa - Single
Terry's mate F, Sa - Single
Steve Wharton Th, F, Sa - Single
Mike Yeadon's mate F, Sa - Single
These are now booked and confirmed.
Anyone unable to attend please let me know ASAP as the room will still have to be paid for.

They have a restaurant for breakfast and lots of choice for evening meals, we can have a cordoned off bit of restaurant just for us if we want. Private fenced/gated area of car park for the bikes.
There's another pub in the village which is having live bands and a large beer tent on the Saturday evening for a bit of entertainment (5 minute walk away).

Current plans are;
Friday, Craven Collection bike museum. Only about 35 miles away from our hotel, so a nice shake down. They are opening specially for us so if anyone locally wants to come along, please meet us at the Darrington Hotel just off the A1 near Ferrybridge for 10 am please. We can have a couple of hours there and then run to Squires Biker Café at Sherburn in Elmet for coffee and nosebag.

Saturday, Set off at 10am again from the hotel and call at the Highwayman café on the A64 for a coffee and pee stop about 10.30, then on to Grosmont to see the North Yorkshire Moors railway. We should be there between 11.30 and 12.
They do have refreshments there of course, so teas'n'pees again as necessary! Plenty to see, and we can have a look around the loco sheds if people would like to see that too.
On to the seaside town of Whitby for fish'n'chips, or for the veggies - chips! we should be there about 2 o'clockish.
Nice steady run back and depending on the time, we can call at Squires again, or straight back to Darrington if people prefer that.

Sunday Not too far, Elvington Air Museum, a nice run mainly on A and B roads to see lots of aircraft and other exhibits at what was a wartime bomber base. I have got group entrance prices for this so we need to get there for about 10.30 and all go in together, so set off from Darrington again about 10am.

If you are joining in at the hotel, or elsewhere, please come with plenty of fuel so we don't have to stop on the way to our destination.
On the Whitby run, we can fill up in Whitby for the return journey for those who wish to do that.

There's pub/restaurant food and beer at the Darrington, or basic menu and beer at 'The Spread' pub in the village. A Thaal indian restaurant about 4 miles away for those who don't eat proper nosh, and Squires do reasonable drinks and meals as well.
Anyone who'd like to just pop along for 'craic' will be welcome of course as will anyone who wishes to join in on any of the runs. Please let me know via PM or mobile (if you have my number) and I can sort out details then.

I've had a word with the Big Guy Upstairs (well, I left a message!) and asked for nice weather - it is His County after all - but I haven't had a reply yet, so fingers crossed on that one.

Be there or be square as the saying used to go.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

The Darrington Hotel detals;

Old Great North Road, Darrington, Pontefract, WF8 3BL
Darrington.jpg
Darrington 2.jpg
Click on the maps and they get bigger!!

Coming North on the A1, when you get to the sign for Darrington, turn down the sliproad and the hotel is at the bottom of the road on the left, just before the T junction. If you get to the M62, you've passed it and need to turn around at the next junction.
Coming South down the A1, go past the M62 and Ferrybridge power station, turn left on the sliproad marked Darrington, straight on at the mini roundabout and right under the A1 at the T junction. The hotel is on your left.
If you're on the M62 Eastbound, turn towards the A1 Southbound from Junction 33, keep in the left lane and then as above in red. (You don't actually get on the A1.)
If you're on the M62 Westbound, turn towards the A1 Southbound from Junction 33, keep in the left lane and then as above in red. (You don't actually get on the A1.)
teebowbusablaster

Chain adjusted and lubed, bike given a rub over with an oily rag, tyre pressures checked, and coolant topped up (not that it needed it)
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Alan,

Will we need to bring a passport and a tin of Spam :roll:
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:idea: Please Post Photos guys,
I haven't been around that area since 1989 :lol:
Have fun ;)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Alan, first can I say well done mate for all the hard work that you must have put into organising this rally, I know from experience how time consuming and stressful this kind of job can be, so again well done.
Secondly can I ask what time is best to arrive on Thursday? I'm aiming to get there between 1.00 and 2.00pm and wondered whether anyone else will be there by then and finally, are you still planning on going to the two stroke meeting at Squires on the Thursday?
Regards, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".