STAFFORD SHOW TODAY

stupot

Re: STAFFORD SHOW TODAY

Post by stupot »

Well I had a great day out :D And Kurgan gave me a horn. For free.
everyones a winner
Kurgan36

Post by Kurgan36 »

I had three fantastic days there, but the highlight for me was giving you the horn :lol:
wardy

Post by wardy »

I went today as well. as it was peeing down with rain, didn'nt look outside at all. However I managed to strike gold in that I got what I went for... a very clean, non rattly right hand outer exhaust for my gt380A.
good price too. Chrome is very good so I now have a good set of exhausts for this bike .
Thought it was a good show, although quite crowded indoors due to the rain.
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Kurgan36 wrote:I had three fantastic days there, but the highlight for me was giving you the horn :lol:
:shock: Blimey am I on the wrong site :shock:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

back in the 90's i went for years on end until the internet came along
like Paul i agree overpriced and nothing new just the same thing every year,can't justify a 4 hour round trip and £16 to get in. watched the bsb at brands instead. :D
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I didn't go this year having attended the last 9 years in a row and many times before that as a visitor or on the kettle club stand, either displaying my bike or working as a committee member. Now I'm no longer on the committee I decided to give it a miss and I can honestly say I didn't miss it at all.
As for the show itself, the best/worst thing for me is drooling over the bikes that I'll never be able to afford, which on reflection always left me wishing I hadn't bothered going in the first place. I've never bought any spares from there having always thought it was vastly overpriced or not worth buying and always preferring to buy parts from ebay or Baz.
On the positive side it does give you the chance to meet up with mates you rarely see, however the high gate price and food and drink prices means you're paying highly for the privilege.
A much better ride out for me is South Leverton, or Willingham Woods, or any of the other bikers haunts that are usually free or making a donation to charity.
Sorry but the Stafford classic bike show gets a thumbs down and a :tw from me.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

stevewharton wrote:I didn't go this year having attended the last 9 years in a row and many times before that as a visitor or on the kettle club stand, either displaying my bike or working as a committee member. Now I'm no longer on the committee I decided to give it a miss and I can honestly say I didn't miss it at all.
As for the show itself, the best/worst thing for me is drooling over the bikes that I'll never be able to afford, which on reflection always left me wishing I hadn't bothered going in the first place. I've never bought any spares from there having always thought it was vastly overpriced or not worth buying and always preferring to buy parts from ebay or Baz.
On the positive side it does give you the chance to meet up with mates you rarely see, however the high gate price and food and drink prices means you're paying highly for the privilege.
A much better ride out for me is South Leverton, or Willingham Woods, or any of the other bikers haunts that are usually free or making a donation to charity.
Sorry but the Stafford classic bike show gets a thumbs down and a :tw from me.

I second Willingham Woods as a top place to meet up with mates, and make new ones. Been most Wednesdays this year. I did go to Stafford, but the weather on Sunday spoilt it. Many stall holders not surprisngly left early. I only went as I was offered a lift there. It struck me that there were the same stalls in the same places selling the same stuff. Its a day out with mates though.
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
redliner

Post by redliner »

"It struck me that there were the same stalls in the same places selling the same stuff."

True - same could be said of the Kempton autojumble, but I'll still keep going, looking for that bargain buy, or hen's teeth item, more in hope than expectation! ;)

Stafford indoors was good, if crowded and pricey. Outside - weather killed it. :(
Suzuki GT250M
Suzuki GS400B
Kawasaki KZ550LTD
Honda CB360G5
Haggler

Post by Haggler »

Always go to this. Never get to see it all as always meet old friends and end up chewing the cud. Never pay full price as always pre book. Watched superbikes later when home so best of both worlds. Got to say though not many rode up on the Sunday, quite enjoyed thew ride though. Managed to get new shocks and fork springs for the Z13 20% off on the ICON stand so very happy. :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Can't fault you Steve. Good show but ott pricewise.
Gollox2it!!!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated