Lincolnshire rally 2020

stevewharton

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:I should get in for half price, cos I'm blind in one eye.
I'll never cease to be amazed at the things you'll say or do to save money. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyway they've spotted your name on the list and having heard about your skill and knowledge when it comes to saving cash, they'd like to invite you onto the team.

However when I told them you'd probably want paying more than you'd save, they quickly withdrew the offer. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I'll start with these, just to prove that 4 into 1 does go!!
20200620_212323.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi everyone, here is your long awaited and in these strange 'lockdown' times, very difficult to arrange, itinery and timetable for the 2020 Kettle Clinic Lincolnshire rally.

Unfortunately, the only pub in the village, the Whistle and Flute has been very difficult to get through to, and when I finally did get through today, they were only interested in booking us in for either rooms, or the restaurant and wouldn't/couldn't give any details for drinking in the bar. so when we get a bit nearer to the rally date, I'll visit the pub to see if we are able to visit and get a drink there.

So for those that have booked rooms, please note.

On Thursday 23rd July, arrive at the Holcombe guest house, in Barnetby le Wold, for booking in from 12 noon onwards. When everyone has arrived and settled into their rooms, there's a ride out through the countryside to Cleethorpes for a takeaway fish and chip supper at 'Papas', the largest (so they say) fish and chip restaurant in the world. After that back to the guest house for a wind down and a drink in the large guest house lounge.

Friday 24th July, 8.00am, a full English or continental breakfast in the guest house dining room, for those that require it. Then at 10.30am-ish, a ride out through the stunning Lincolnshire wolds to an unusual motor museum. I'm going to keep the details of this one under wraps for now, so let's say it's a "mystery tour" which should be fun and an interesting surprise for you all. There is a café onsite if needed. On our return to the guest house an evening meal is available, with prior booking required.

Saturday 25th July, breakfast at 8.00am, then at 10.30am-ish, a ride out to the East Kirkby aviation museum where our visit has been reserved. There is a café onsite if needed. Evening meals are not available at the guest house at the weekend, but we do have a choice of a gas barbeque which the guest house will make available for us, or there are self catering facilities also in the house where I'm staying, or possibly the Whistle and Flute? or we can travel to Brigg (10 minutes away) and possibly find a restaurant. There is a chippie next to the guest house and a well stocked village store, where we can buy all the food and drink needed. There's also a Chinese takeaway in the village that can deliver to us.

Sunday 26th July, breakfast at 8.00am, then a forced change of plan. Unfortunately, the pub we were going to visit for a Sunday roast has just called to cancel, due to lockdown restrictions. So it's been back to the drawing board for me, but don't worry, at 10.30am-ish there will be a ride out to the seaside (Mablethorpe) for ice creams and an interesting stop (with food available) on the way back, and for those still with us on the Sunday night, food and drink as above.

Monday 27th July, breakfast at 8.00am then time for home, when you're ready.

For the local riders not booked into the guest house, who are planning on joining us each day for the ride outs, please arrive by 4pm on the Thursday and 10am on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

On the Saturday evening there will be a 'friendly' best bike at the rally competition, this will be open to any Clinic members 'Classic 70's Suzuki bike' that has been 'ridden' to the rally, with a trophy for the winner, so get polishing. Everyone present including wifes and partners will have a vote, but you can't vote for your own bike.
There will also be a 'furthest travelled' trophy for the bike that has been ridden to the rally, so don't forget to set your trip meter to zero before you set off. There will also be a trophy for the winner of the 'slowest bike' challenge, if you dare enter it. This will take place when we have the most bikes present and the rules will be explained on the day.

The address of the Holcombe guest house is, 34 Victoria Road. Barnetby le Wold. Lincolnshire. DN38 6HZ.
For those travelling from the west, follow the M180 to the Humber bridge turn off and at the end of the slip road take the fourth exit from the roundabout. After approximately 300 yards take the second exit off the next roundabout, this will take you down into the village where you'll find the guest house on the right.
For those travelling over the Humber bridge, stay on the A15 until you reach the roundabout at the M180, then take the second exit and after 300 yards take the second exit off the next roundabout, as above this will take you down into the village.
If you're coming from Brigg through Wrawby on the A18, at the roundabout take the third exit and this will take you into the village as above.
If you're coming from Horncastle through Caistor on the A1084, look out for the right turn that takes you through Bigby and then into the village, the guest house is on the left.

I think I've covered everything but probably haven't, so if I think of anything else I'll post it and if there's anything you need to know, ask on here or call me on 07767854997.
Cheers Steve Wharton.
2020 Kettle Clinic Lincolnshire rally organiser. (For my sins :lol: )
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

This mystery tour on Friday, Steve. Do you actually know where we're going or is it so much a mystery that you are winging it?
(Winging it on Saturday too really, I suppose! :lol: )
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:This mystery tour on Friday, Steve. Do you actually know where we're going or is it so much a mystery that you are winging it?
No Alan, I'm not winging it, :roll: the mystery museum visit has been booked and they're expecting us at 12 noon-ish.

Sensible questions only from now on please Alan. :roll:
If that's possible.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:
Alan H wrote:This mystery tour on Friday, Steve. Do you actually know where we're going or is it so much a mystery that you are winging it?
No Alan, I'm not winging it, :roll: the mystery museum visit has been booked and they're expecting us at 12 noon-ish.

Sensible questions only from now on please Alan. :roll:
If that's possible.
I did say winging not wingeing, and no, t'other won't be possible.
neener.gif
neener.gif (915 Bytes) Viewed 240 times
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

stevewharton wrote:
stevewharton wrote:
stevewharton wrote:Hi everyone, I hope you've all been keeping safe and well through the last few months of uncertainty and are now chomping at the bit for a two wheeled get together. With that in mind I have some good news for those of you that asked for the rally to still go ahead, after it was cancelled in June.
I've just spoken with the guest house manageress and have been told that it will be re-opening on July the 4th, so I have made a provisional booking for us to hold our 2020 kettle clinic rally there, starting on Thursday the 23rd July, until Sunday the 26th July. So that's a four night stay for those that want it, but if you prefer you can stay longer or less, your choice.
The guest house contact details are, Sharon Smith on 07850764002, and the address is, the Holcombe guest house, Victoria road. Barnetby le Wold. Lincolnshire. DN38 6HZ.
Don't forget to tell her that you are with the motorbike club and if you need any more info' ask on here, or PM me, or you can contact me on 07767854997.

Okay so there's been a good response so far, with several members telling me that they're looking forward to attending the rally.
Here's the list of definite guest house bookings up to now.
Starting to look good, anyone else?

Steve & Diane - Thurs' to Sun' - 4 nights.
Alan H & Lynne - Thurs' to Sun' - 4 nights.
Mizzy & Ray - Fri' & Sat' - 2 nights.
Baz & Carmy - Thurs' to Sun - 4 nights.
Peterg & Kez? - Fri' & Sat' - 2 nights.
Dutch & Chris - Thurs' to Sat' - 3 nights.
Richard & Jackie - Thurs' to Sat' - 3 nights
Mike & Joanna - Thurs' to Sat' - 3 nights
Mick Copley- Thursday - 1night
Here's the up to date list of attendees, anyone else joining in the fun?
Just had a phone call from Mick Copley in Leeds, who's just booked a room at the guest house and joining us on his "A" model Kettle. Name now added to the list.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

All looks good, thanks for all the organising. Those who think it’s a cinch should volunteer to do it next time!
Cheers,
Mike
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

yeadon_m wrote:All looks good, thanks for all the organising. Those who think it’s a cinch should volunteer to do it next time!
Cheers,
Mike
Cheers Mike, your right it has been a bit of a headache with the covid 19 problem throwing a spanner in the works, but it's been fun too if that makes sense :?:
Fingers crossed now for everything going right at the rally, including lots of sunshine. :P
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote: Fingers crossed now for everything going right at the rally, including lots of sunshine. :P
Well you will have your very own ray of sunshine at the rally :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!