Lincolnshire rally 2020

Alan H

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by Alan H »

It all sounds good to me.
We stayed at that place at Brigg a couple of seasons ago, but we had to go into town for food, and the bar was shut at about 8.30!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
wardy

Post by wardy »

That sounds
good Paul!
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

It's all coming together Steve ! Top work.
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

Not sure about Arties MIll, I thought it was lacking for what we needed, had to drive for somewhere to go at night, but may just be my opinion, happy to go with the majority
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Not a Remoner the Dude
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Okay I've ruled out Arties Mill for not having the most suitable location, the price at £50 per night inc' breakfast won't be beaten though.
Two hotels at Horncastle looked promising, but the first choice of the two has let me down by saying they could accomodate all of us and then admitting they couldn't.
The second had enough rooms, advertised at £85 a night, but when I told them how many rooms I needed for a group of bikers and would there be discount, the price went up to £130/£140 a night, so ditched that one.
Still lots of possibles on my list so I'll keep looking for the ideal venue, plenty of time I know but I would like to get this sorted pronto.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: I would like to get this sorted pronto.
Wasn't that the Lone Ranger's mate? Is he going on the rally? :?
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote: I would like to get this sorted pronto.
Wasn't that the Lone Ranger's mate? Is he going on the rally? :?
No Alan he's not going :roll: cos him and the loan arranger now work in a bank and can't get the time off :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I'm sure you have it all under control Steve. Image
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:I'm sure you have it all under control Steve. Image
Well under control Alan, in fact I think I've found the ideal venue for our 2020 rally :D
After lots of time wasting with unanswered calls and emails, answerphone messages left and not replied to and endlessly scanning tinternet, I've finally stumbled upon what I think is a little gem. Nestled in the heart of the Lincolnshire wolds, in what is described as having some of the best biking roads Lincolnshire has to offer, the Holcombe guest house in the village of Barnetby-le-Wold has I believe everything that we need.
Diane and myself have been and had a look today and it certainly fits the bill, it has four different buildings which can easily accomodate all who want to attend, prices start at £50 per night for a double en suite room down to £27.50 per night for a standard single room. A full english breakfast costs £7.50, a continental breakfast £5 and evening meals can be pre booked.
The largest building has 4 double/twin rooms and 8 single rooms, the second building has 5 twin rooms and 4 singles and a large secure car park for the bikes, the third building has a double and two singles and a large lounge, there is a fourth building if demand is high and some of the rooms have self catering facilities if required.
The one and only box that isn't ticked is there's no bar :o but don't panic, there's a pub with a restaurant a stones throw away and if you'd like to have a tipple in the guest house lounge, there's a licensed convenience store right next door. There's a fish and chip shop also next door and a chinese take away that delivers and if it has to be an authentic indian curry, the town of Brigg is not too far away. So If I haven't sold it to you by now have a look at the website and judge for yourself, but as I said I've been there myself today and can firmly recommend it to you.
The very nice manageress Sharon has advised that it would be better to contact the Holcombe guest house direct, to discuss exactly which type of room/building you require and to obtain the above rates, the telephone number is 07850764002 and to mention my name and that it's for the bike club when booking. The revised dates are Thursday 23rd, Friday 24th and Saturday 25th July 2020, but if you want to stay longer or less discuss this with Sharon. I don't need to tell you that the quicker you make your booking the better the chance that we'll all be closer together and will all get in before someone else books it ahead of us and Sharon advises that when booking, for a small fee you can cancel if necessary up to 24 hours before your date.
I think I've covered everything but no doubt there may be something I've missed or a question you might want to ask, if so ask Sharon or you can call me on 07767854997 Finally, although it is very early days (I do like to be organised :roll: ) I have started to compile a list of rideouts for each day, starting Thursday when most of us should arrive, so expect a trip to the seaside complete with fish and chips, a trip to an exciting bike track, something for the aeroplane fans, a trip over one of the worlds longest single span bridges, a couple of local bike meets and some fantastic roads to ride, all dependent on the weather of course.
Please keep me updated with the days you plan to attend and also please let me know when you've booked the guest house.
Best regards, Steve Wharton.
Last edited by stevewharton on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.