Lincolnshire rally 2020

stevewharton

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Nigel.jpg
Talking about Lancaster bombers, for those interested in them and in particular the one at the East Kirkby aviation museum, there's an update on t'internet today re' the progress being made in getting her in the air again.
Just "google" "NX611 Just Jane" for a detailed report and the history of this amazing aircraft.

And talking about the museum visit on the 25th July, I do need to get back to them asap with a list of attendees, so they can reserve our places.
So if it's okay with all of you, I'm going to give them the names of all who will be at the rally on that day so we don't miss this event.
And can anyone who intends coming to the rally for the day only, if you want to join us on the ride out to the museum, please let me know asap please.
Regards, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Steve,
I’m in for the air museum!
Thanks for sorting,
Cheers, Mike
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

A quick update for you all, I've emailed a list of all who should be visiting the East Kirkby aviation museum, on Saturday 25th July, (19 and counting) so should be getting a confirmation reply shortly. Anyone else who's planning to join us on the day and wants to visit with us, please let me know asap to avoid possible disappointment.
I've also spoken with Paul (Harrymail) on here, who volunteers at Spurn Point and he told me that although Spurn will be open to the public, the Unimog military vehicle which carries visitors the final couple of miles, will not be running. Without that facility there's not a lot to see and the prospect of walking 2 miles in biking gear isn't really an option, so unfortunately we'll have to give it a miss.
Not to worry, there'll still be plenty to do over the three full days (Fri' Sat' and Sun') and when everyone's arrived and settled on the Thursday, we'll take in the heady sights of Cleethorpes and sample some excellent fish and chips.
All we need to sort now is some summer sunshine. :D
Cheers Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Steve,

Is Saturday going to be classed as the main day for the ride out. If so, do you have an agenda?
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

mizzytheman wrote:Hi Steve,

Is Saturday going to be classed as the main day for the ride out. If so, do you have an agenda?
Hi Mizzy, good question.
There will be a ride out on each of the four days, but other than the trip to Cleethorpes on the Thursday evening, the air museum on the Saturday and the pub trip for a roast dinner on the Sunday, I've been unable to post a full timetable yet.
The reason for that being, the slowly changing lockdown restrictions and any further changes which the government are going to announce on July 4th. As you can appreciate it's been a bit difficult sorting the guest house and trying to find places to visit over the last month or so and that's why I've been waiting before posting a definite plan.
Lets get July 4th out the way and I'll have a much better idea about what we can and can't do, and hopefully I'll be able to post a full timetable then. But rest assured, as well as the above I do have other options for the Friday, and to fit in on other days if possible.
Cheers, Steve W.
P.S. and the cracking rides through the Lincolnshire wolds. :D
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Hi Steve put my name down for the Aviation Museum please, i'll be over for the day on saturday , ;) cheers Mick.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Will do Mick, can you PM me your surname and contact number so I can book your place.
Cheers, Steve.
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

Aviation Museum. is there any concessions for the wrinklies. :shock:
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote:Aviation Museum. is there any concessions for the wrinklies. :shock:
Hi Richard, I suggest you look at MoldY Alans earlier post, asking for money off for poor Yorkshire OAP's, and my reply. :roll:

I've just had a confirmation reply from the museum, so we're all booked in for the Sat' morning. :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I should get in for half price, cos I'm blind in one eye.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated