Lincolnshire rally 2020

stevewharton

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by stevewharton »

Just a quick update on the 2020 Linc's rally for you all.
I've been in touch with Cadwell Park, Olivers Mount, the East Kirkby Aviation museum and the Spurn Point Heritage Centre, and they're all saying the same thing.
"Still not open to the general public, as per government guidelines, due to the corona virus lockdown rules, but hoping for those rules to be relaxed in early July."
So I've been advised to contact them again then for an update, when they'll all have a better idea.
Worst case scenario is, all these types of venue will still be closed and we'll have to improvise, but look on the bright side, fantastic roads and rides, lots of other public places to visit and some great company and banter, (excluding MoldY Alan of course).
In the meantime I'll keep trying to sort something interesting for all of you that are coming along and as soon as I'm able, I'll post a timetable of events on here.
I've had one suggestion from "Baz" that could provide a bit of entertainment, a "slow riding competition".
That should be fun, more details to follow. :D
Regards, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

stevewharton wrote: I've had one suggestion from "Baz" that could provide a bit of entertainment, a "slow riding competition".
Regards, Steve W.
I thought that was what all Kettles did, Slow Riding......................... :tw :tw
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

All these closed places - just break in and enjoy 'em.
Not as it plod can arrest anyone 2 metres away.....
Or just threaten to knock a statue over and they'll all sod off.......
Just a thought. ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote:
stevewharton wrote: I've had one suggestion from "Baz" that could provide a bit of entertainment, a "slow riding competition".
Regards, Steve W.
I thought that was what all Kettles did, Slow Riding......................... :tw :tw
Ay up John, no need for that. :roll:

We get enough of that type of abuse from the Yorkshire misfit without you joining in. :o

Anyway I've seen you riding and you should do quite well at it. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

peepwall.gif
peepwall.gif (4.04 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Great ride out yesterday with Richard (teapot) along the Lincolnshire coast road, to Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea, to have a look at a possible place to visit on our forthcoming rally. Unfortunately the "On your Marques" model car collection and working scalextric experience has fallen victim to the covid 19 problem and has closed for the rest of this year.
However we did come across a pub (run by Richards cousin) in that area, who'll cook us all a nice Sunday lunch, so not a wasted journey.
Keep checking on here for the latest updates on the 2020 Lincolnshire rally, (four weeks today) which I'll be posting as soon as I've contacted all the earlier proposed venues to visit. The government have now relaxed the lockdown rules, so we may now be able to visit those places.
Regards to all.
Steve W.
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Steve,

Well done and keep up the good work.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Sounds great Steve. so whats the prize for the slowest rider..
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

BAZ wrote:Sounds great Steve. so whats the prize for the slowest rider..
Guest of honour at Alan’s house for a 3 course dinner with unlimited beverages. All paid for by Alan of course.

There will be some speed limits broken that day. :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

mizzytheman wrote:
BAZ wrote:Sounds great Steve. so whats the prize for the slowest rider..
Guest of honour at Alan’s house for a 3 course dinner with unlimited beverages. All paid for by Alan of course.

There will be some speed limits broken that day. :lol:
:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: