Lincolnshire rally 2020

stevewharton

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by stevewharton »

BAZ wrote:Sounds great Steve. so whats the prize for the slowest rider..
There will be a prize Baz, though maybe not what you'd expect. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Bread, dripping and a pinch of salt should sort that out then......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Thanks Steve & Richard. Looking forward to it.
This slow riding competition. Do we get a dab? Or is it one *dab & you’re out? Or stopped, anyway?
Mike
(*I don’t want to give the impression I ride off road. No more than up the lawn to my shed, anyway! Though saying that, I wonder if you can get the parts to restore, say, a TS250?)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Lots of different TS models about, remember Richard did a 400 not long ago.
http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... ilit=Ts400
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

yeadon_m wrote:Thanks Steve & Richard. Looking forward to it.
This slow riding competition. Do we get a dab? Or is it one *dab & you’re out? Or stopped, anyway?
Mike
(*I don’t want to give the impression I ride off road. No more than up the lawn to my shed, anyway! Though saying that, I wonder if you can get the parts to restore, say, a TS250?)
Hi Mike, the slow riding challenge, as suggested by Baz, is intended to be a bit of fun and should be a laugh if we can do it.
I did see a slow riding challenge at a Suzuki dealers open w'end a few years back, where the bike used was a small off roader provided by the dealer. It was over a distance of appro' 20 feet and with such a small light bike it looked quite easy.
With a big lump like the kettle though it could prove to be a bit of a challenge, so we'll have to treat it with both humour and caution, but there will be a prize for the rider who is either clever enough, or daft enough to beat all that dare to enter. The rules will be simple and not too strict but one dab will stop the clock.
I can tell you that it has come to my attention that some people have been secretly practising for this challenge, so I will be watching them very carefully. ;)
Regards Steve W.
P.S. anyone attempting the challenge on a small off roader will be given a handicap or even banned if I don't like them. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

should we all ride together if possible..maybe best of 3x. kettles only.. the wenches can judge.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Like it :o
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Okay, so I've had a busy afternoon ringing around and emailing different places, so I'm now able to assure you all that in these difficult times,
a). I'm trying my best to get some kind of timetable of events sorted and,
b). you can relax knowing that there will be lots to do when you all get here.
So Cadwell Park looks like it's a no go, with them not able to allow the public in to spectate at any event.
The East Kirkby aviation museum are a bit difficult to get hold of right now, but I have sent them an email asking them to let me know asap, whether they'll be open for visitors on either the Friday or the Saturday.
I have found another rather unusual/interesting motor museum which is going to be open for us, but rather than telling you about it, I think it would be a fun idea to keep it under wraps until we get there.
I've also spoken to Sharon the guest house manager again
and she said that they will be able to provide us with a cooked or continental breakfast each day, but evening meals are only available on weekdays. A gas barbecue will be available for us to use if needed and the village shop sells everything needed for that. The village shop is also an off license and the house I'm staying in has a kitchen with self catering facilities and a large lounge, where Sharon says we can have parties, as long as she's invited. :lol:
The village pub, the Whistle and Flute is re-opening on July 4th and I'll be contacting them then to see what we can expect re' any restrictions.
For those arriving on the Thursday we'll be having a ride out to Costa del Cleethorpes for a takeaway fish and chips supper from Papas, the worlds largest F&C restaurant. :D and for those still with us on the Sunday, a ride out along the Lincolnshire coast to Mablethorpe and then on to Richards cousins pub for a roast dinner.
Finally, don't forget the slow riding challenge, which we'll fit in whenever's best, so get practising. ;)
I think that's covered everything for now, but if anything changes I'll update you all and if there are any questions please ask.
Regards, Steve W.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I've just had a reply from the East Kirkby aviation museum, telling me that they will be open for limited numbers on Saturday the 25th July. This date hasn't been advertised yet, so they've asked us to reserve places before it sells out.
Entry costs £9 per person and if you would like to visit could you please let me know asap with your full name, this includes anyone who will be joining us just for the day. For those that don't know this museum, there is amongst many other things there, a working Lancaster bomber to see, so well worth a visit.
Cheers, Steve W.
Last edited by stevewharton on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

stevewharton wrote:I've just had a reply from the East Kirkby aviation museum, telling me that they will be open for limited numbers on Saturday the 9th July. This date hasn't been advertised yet, so they've asked us to reserve places before it sells out.
Entry costs £9 per person and if you would like to visit could you please let me know asap with your full name, this includes anyone who will be joining us just for the day. For those that don't know this museum, there is amongst many other things there, a working Lancaster bomber to see, so well worth a visit.
Cheers, Steve W.
Steve to make it easy for you anything you need to book put me and Jackie down for every thing.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.