Lincolnshire rally 2020

Alan H

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by Alan H »

I use a proper optometrist, not an advert for one. :geek: See.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Alan H wrote:Well, my garden looks great.
Mind you, it orter with all the attention it's been getting.......
Don't tell me you've had Lynn working in the garden,
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No John, t'other way atound. Lynn had ME working in the garden.
I already do the fruit trees, greenhouse, shed, garage, patio and other 'stuff' to stop me getting bored...... :roll:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

stevewharton wrote:
stevewharton wrote:Anyone who has a holiday abroad booked for late June, which you may have to cancel because of the coronavirus outbreak, (like I've just had to do :cry: ) look on the bright side, you'll now be able to come to the Lincolnshire rally instead. :P
Hi everyone, well I've been putting this off for a while, but I guess you all know by now that due to the worlds ongoing coronavirus situation, It's looking unlikely that our 2020 rally will take place. I know it's still three months before we're due to meet up, but I think it's safe to say that this one isn't going away anytime soon, unless you believe Donald Trump who says he's going to have it beat by Easter, (what an utter t**t) sorry, only my opinion.
I've been in touch with the guest house manager and she told me that they've been ordered to stay closed until the end of April at least. so my advice is don't cancel your booking just yet, wait until a bit nearer the date of arrival when we may have a better idea about how things are progressing. If the situation has improved we may be able to make alternative arrangements with the guest house for later in the year, say September time. Whatever happens I will keep you all updated with any news as soon as I know myself.
Keep safe and a big thumbs up to the NHS.
Steve Wharton.
P.S. If you didn't know already, the Lincolnshire bike nights including South Leverton have all been cancelled for 2020. :(
Hello all, well it looks like there's going to be another three week extension to the coronavirus lockdown, which will take us into the first week of May. As I said in my previous post I think the 2020 rally looks very likely to be cancelled, but let's give it a bit longer before we pull the plug for definite, who knows a miracle might happen and the virus could disappear quicker than expected, we live in hope.
One thing I've always believed in is to be prepared and don't leave things till the last minute, with that in mind I sorted two trophies for the 2020 Lincolnshire rally about two months ago, one for the members choice bike and one for the furthest travelled. So if the rally is cancelled, or shall we say postponed until later in the year, the 2020 inscriptions will still be okay, but if we have to wait until next year then a slight modification, to add 2021 to the inscription will be needed, just a minor problem that can be sorted easily.
So I'll keep on top of the news and liaise with the guest house, and let you all know what's happening and of course, I'll also listen to your opinions too.
Keep safe and three cheers for the NHS.
Steve W. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Thanks for the update Steve :)
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: and of course, I'll also listen to your opinions too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote: and of course, I'll also listen to your opinions too.
What even Alan’s :shock:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

It's time I had a rideout on the GSX1100, so if anyone fancies meeting up tomorrow morning (Sun 17th)?
I'll be at the Hessle foreshore car park, under the Humber bridge by 12 noon.
We can have a catch up about the 2020 rally and if the ice cream van's there, I'll treat you to a 99 ;) that includes you Alan. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No thanks. I only want one.
Although I'll try a 69 in August - it'll last 12 months as well!!! :shock: :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:No thanks. I only want one.
Although I'll try a 69 in August - it'll last 12 months as well!!! :shock: :lol:
I get worried when I cross the border into Yorkshire,
please tell me whatever he's got isn't catching. :o