PaulD738

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:What!?!?
You passed it on to us you germie sod! :lol:
Apocalypse ungrimited........
Mad cod disease????
Codona virus ?????
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

So where was everyone/anyone today?
I know social distancing still applies, but me and Mike were the only ones there, still saved a fortune on ice creams at £3 a pop :o
Anyway back to the doomed rally.
I'm going to contact the guest house tomorrow, so I'll let you all know what's happening after I've spoken to the manager. I thought we might be able to re-schedule for later in the year, but after seeing the number of other rallies that have been cancelled for this year, it's not looking good.
More tomorrow.
Regards, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Morning everyone, I've just spoken with Sharon, the Holcombe guest house manageress and she told me that they have been given a provisional re-opening date of the 4th July, however this could change if the government enforces a longer lockdown.
That does of course mean that as expected our rally dates for June have been cancelled.
I suggested to Sharon that we could provisionally re-schedule the dates for early September and she said that's fine. So the dates would be Thursday the 3rd of Sept' through to Sunday the 6th.
Have a think about this everyone and let me know whether this is what you would like to do, and if not your alternative suggestions.
Regards to all.
Steve Wharton.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I've got a week in Gozo for scuba diving booked for then. Of course, gawd knows what'll happen to that....
Hopefully those dates will be ok for everyone else, but if not, the week after would be good for us.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:I've got a week in Gozo for scuba diving booked for then. Of course, gawd knows what'll happen to that....
Hopefully those dates will be ok for everyone else, but if not, the week after would be good for us.
Just been reading the news which mentions there’s been an influx of Great white sharks off the coast of Malta. Good luck with that one. Better take your spear gun :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

mizzytheman wrote: Just been reading the news which mentions there’s been an influx of Great white sharks off the coast of Malta.
That's why we instructors dive with trainees.
In case of shark attack, stab them in the leg, and orft we jolly well go, throwing women and children in our wake.
Anyway, we'll be diving off the COAST of Gozo, the coast of Malta is more expensive, which is why I'll just be passing through on the way to Gozo. 8-)
Strange how an 'a' makes all the difference to a word, until you're told about it, eh bud? :lol:
I'll leave the corrected version anyway....
Last edited by Alan H on Mon May 18, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

stevewharton wrote:I suggested to Sharon that we could provisionally re-schedule the dates for early September and she said that's fine. So the dates would be Thursday the 3rd of Sept' through to Sunday the 6th.
Hi Steve. That would be a good alternative date, being the Classic Suzuki Weekend at Cadwell. September temperatures may be more bearable than last years scorcher. So with the Cadwell opportunity as well, it may work in our favour moving it to September.

Those dates are fine with me. All being well with the virus situation of course :)

Paul
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:
mizzytheman wrote: Just been reading the news which mentions there’s been an influx of Great white sharks off the coast of Malta.
In case of shark attack, stab them in the leg, and orft we jolly well go, throwing women and children in our wake.
Anyway, we'll be diving off the COAST of Gozo, the coast of Malta is more expensive, which is why I'll just be passing through on the way to Gozo. 8-)
All fixed now.
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:
When you get to Gozo Don’t forget to check if single woman have left their key in the front door. Apparently it’s a custom in Gozo to welcome travellers in this way by allowing yourself in. Don’t ask how I know and good luck.