Kenda tyres

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
oldbiker

Kenda tyres

Post by oldbiker »

Has anybody tried the Kenda Brand of tyres on their GT550. I have a couple of these gt550's but one of them only does a few miles a year. Maybe 300/400 miles at most, so putting a top of the range tyre on seems a waste. I'm sure if I downsize the number of bikes it would get more use........ But anyway it's new tyre time for several of the bikes including the gt550.

I presume the Kenda can be run "tubed".

Ta
OB
Alan H

Re: Kenda tyres

Post by Alan H »

Never used Kenda tyres - I always fit Dunlop Streetsmarts to my 550s.
Remember it's your life when you're riding on whatever you decide to fit.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Hi Old Biker , there's nowt wrong with Kenda Tyres , they are a good alternative and yes you can use them with a inner tube , cheers .
wardy

Post by wardy »

I've got them on my gt750 and they are very good, with good wear rate and tread pattern. would recommend.
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
oldbiker

Post by oldbiker »

Thanks, I have a small fleet of bikes and putting the best rubbers on them all is expensive. Some of the bikes are smallish capacity and don't do many miles and spend a lot of time on the country roads when out and about.
I need new tyres for the gt550 and the cl450, the gt380 is still ok. The reviews seem ok for the Kenda tyres so I will get a set for the gt550 and see how it goes.

Ta
OB