The Motorbike Show

You can chat about anything you like here
malky

Re: The Motorbike Show

Post by malky »

Interesting point - when they put the rear mudguard on last week there were two extra holes in it alongside the tail lamp bracket but on the finished bike lo and behold they had disappeared and why didn't the chromers repair the dents by the kick start on the rh outer pipe looks terrible
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

I watched the programe.. liked what there doing.. BUT!! there was a lot of after market parts used.. Reproduction indicators. Yes but please change the lens, for better after market ones, that look more like oem..

The paint colour was nearly pink.. and the bit i was looking forward to was the clocks..not touched!!.. glossed over them..

The petrol tap ( pet cock ) after market.. Good oem ones refurbished I've seen going for £150.. I don't think much research had gone into the rebuild.. or finding correct parts or good used oem..

I know there on a tight budget, but??? I would of given them a set of refurbished gt750j clocks for free.. for just a mention on who did the clocks!!. cost to them!! £00.00 just wondering whats next to restore??
Attachments
Screenshot_20230720_173400_Gallery.jpg
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

badgereng

Post by badgereng »

It’s TV, not real. Chill.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

badgereng wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:12 am It’s TV, not real. Chill.
I'll second that. :roll:

Winge, winge, winge!

Dontcha just luv em?

We know Henry's not perfect,

But then, who is?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

I’ll 3rd that, does it really matter if it’s perfect and totally original?

I have a 75 Fizzy and a 76 GT 185, the GT is almost original, but as much as I have tried the Fizzy has pattern parts, do I care?

There are toooooo many rivet counters on here and not enough folk who just likes to see another classic on the road.

There is an old saying in our family, “ it’s not about you ( insert a name” ). sadly there are a few of those on here and it’s only about them, I think we know who there are

Rant over and goodbye 😜
badgereng

Post by badgereng »

here is an old saying in our family, “ it’s not about you ( insert a name” ). sadly there are a few of those on here and it’s only about them, I think we know who there are

Never seen it ‘put’or ‘said’ better! Nice one Eastham. You are right, we know who they are.
Good people help the people who need the help…. without the bullshit, without the need for self promotion or the need to be condescending.

It’s just a lump of metal at the end of the day
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

I can’t think who you mean. :tw
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

badgereng wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:13 pm here is an old saying in our family, “ it’s not about you ( insert a name” ). sadly there are a few of those on here and it’s only about them, I think we know who there are

Never seen it ‘put’or ‘said’ better! Nice one Eastham. You are right, we know who they are.
Good people help the people who need the help…. without the bullshit, without the need for self promotion or the need to be condescending.

It’s just a lump of metal at the end of the day
Wuh,
R luv mar lumps metal me !
and me bike :o