INSURANCE

You can chat about anything you like here
Scotch750

INSURANCE

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
If you have an imported bike and it's now UK registered, do you have to tell the insurance people that it was an import ?
Cheers Scotch.
stevewharton

Re: INSURANCE

Post by stevewharton »

Not sure they'll ask that with an over the phone quote (should do), but an online quote always asks whether it's an official UK model or an import. I suppose a UK model meets our high standards of build, whereas an import probably won't.
Another thing, an insurance company will probably be able to check a vehicles history through the DVLA and know more about it than you do. One thing's for certain, if you don't tell em and then make a claim, they'll tell you to get on your bike, get it? On yer bike :roll: OK, coat, door.

P.S. I'll sort those pics for you asap ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Scotch750

Re: INSURANCE

Post by Scotch750 »

stevewharton wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:41 pm Not sure they'll ask that with an over the phone quote (should do), but an online quote always asks whether it's an official UK model or an import. I suppose a UK model meets our high standards of build, whereas an import probably won't.
Another thing, an insurance company will probably be able to check a vehicles history through the DVLA and know more about it than you do. One thing's for certain, if you don't tell em and then make a claim, they'll tell you to get on your bike, get it? On yer bike :roll: OK, coat, door.

P.S. I'll sort those pics for you asap ;)
Wuh, It was over the phone to RH insurance. I told em it was forun bike.....no probs.
Cheers mate.