Seat Chrome seat band

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Raytuckgt

Seat Chrome seat band

Post by Raytuckgt »

Hi All
I’ve just had new foam and cover for my 1975 gt550 and now after the chrome seat band to finish it off or if anyone knows where I can get one.
Rgds Ray.
Ray.
asco58

Re: Seat Chrome seat band

Post by asco58 »

Maybe P&K Classic Bikes have something since they make replica seats for bikes and sell seat restoration stuff? https://www.pandkclassicbikes.co.uk/
Raytuckgt

Post by Raytuckgt »

Thank you I will phone them.
Ray.
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
You could try Andy at P&P seating b'ham 0121 784 4001
Scotch.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Scotch750 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:28 pm Wuh,
Scotch.
I'd highly recommend P&P seating having dealt with them several times, although you may struggle to get an original metal seat band, as they're a bit like rocking horse Sh1t.
On the new pattern seats the band is plastic, with a chrome effect finish, which is a good alternative, but after time can rub off.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

stevewharton wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:35 pm
Scotch750 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:28 pm Wuh,
Scotch.
I'd highly recommend P&P seating having dealt with them several times, although you may struggle to get an original metal seat band, as they're a bit like rocking horse Sh1t.
On the new pattern seats the band is plastic, with a chrome effect finish, which is a good alternative, but after time can rub off.
As with Steve, the new seat band is plastic but looks ok.
He can fit your original if you have one, like he did for me.
Or do a complete seat with plastic trim. (any model).
asco58

Post by asco58 »

Scotch750 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:40 pm
stevewharton wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:35 pm I'd highly recommend P&P seating having dealt with them several times, although you may struggle to get an original metal seat band, as they're a bit like rocking horse Sh1t.
My replica GT550 seat is from P&K Classic Bikes and I believe they have used a metal strip. The finish is a little duller than chrome typically is and magnets don't stick to it but the strip shows electrical continuity so I reckon that the strip on my seat is made of aluminium. Worth asking P&K if they are using metal strips.
Raytuckgt

Post by Raytuckgt »

I purchased the foam and cover from P&K with the intention of covering the seat myself but when I phoned them up regarding the chrome banding they said that they will have to fit the banding them self that I have to send my seat base, foam and cover to them, 🥴 I should of sent the base in the first place,
Oh well lesson learnt I suppose.
On the subject of my Gt550 I require the 2 bearings for the clutch cover does anyone know the size and best place to purchase please,
Kind Rgds Ray.
Ray.