Silly old git!

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Silly old git!

Post by stevewharton »

Now the dreaded salt is being dumped on the roads, my kettle is staying firmly in the garage, but that doesn't stop me from getting out on two wheels. It's hard work but just as much fun on a mountain bike, even if I do come home caked in mud and knackered.
This morning I found a BMX track and with no orrible teenagers around to laugh at me if I fell off, I decided to have a go. 20 minutes later and panting like a dog, but with a big smile on my face (and no mishaps) I made my way home, to a wife who took one look at me and just tutted.
72's just a number I say ;) :roll: :P
What do you reckon Alan :ugeek:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Re: Silly old git!

Post by Optedout »

Good for you Steve! Age is just a number, I cycle with two guys four times a
week who are both 73 and still compete in cycle road racing, so no excuses for anyone
without health issues.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 pm 72's just a number I say ;) :roll: :P
Correct Steve, but the trouble is, it's quite a big one!
I've certainly found out in the last couple of years that 'getting better' after a mishap is a damn' sight harder - & longer timewise.
I'll stick to 2 wheels with an engine between them, so my Marin Muirwoods is up for sale!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:26 am
stevewharton wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 pm 72's just a number I say ;) :roll: :P
Correct Steve, but the trouble is, it's quite a big one!
72 is a big number Al and you should know, being a lot older than me :o
But I feel a heck of a lot fitter and healthier than I did twenty years ago and certainly a lot better than I did when I retired in 2012 from a dusty fume filled factory.
And looking around me at a lot of my active neighbours who range in age from 88 to 100, 72 doesn't seem that old.
Perhaps you should stop having so many mishaps ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".