gt550k pet-oil ratio.

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
graseal

gt550k pet-oil ratio.

Post by graseal »

Hi peeps, hopping to get bike running 2marro, and was goinig to do a pet and oil pre mix in the tank, just in case oil not comming through pump /pipes.

does anyone know the mix ratio per lt to oil.

thanks, in advance. graham :D
I'm temperamental, 50% temper and 50% mental. :twisted:

Some times I look back at my life, And I am seriously Impressed, I am still a live...
Alan H

Re: gt550k pet-oil ratio.

Post by Alan H »

I just put 'some' oil in a pint of petrol - probably 20 -1 ratio, but before the bike is run and before the carbs are fitted, I 'run' the engine on the electric start with plugs out and the pump wedged at maximum flow. If you inject a small bubble in each of the oil lines before fitting the pump, you should see them all move down the oil lines as the engine spins.
Leave the tank off and just feed the carbs with a short pipe to them & syringe or funnel.
I also over oil everything during the rebuild - first start without the air filter so a small squirt of easy start in each carb will help it along, and I use a set of B6ES plugs to start & run it and leave them in for the first 20 miles or so until the smoke thins out a bit. Not as it it's going to get spanked straight after a rebuild is it?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
graseal

Post by graseal »

thanks Alan you came to my rescue again.

I cant see any bubbles in pipes, I done several squirts of oil after the last air bubbles have gone !!.
I had used the starter with pump lever wide open several times, I'll mix some pet and oil and put some in each carb.

I'll get some easy start and B6ES plugs, and hope for the best.
I intend to keep rpm and speed down for about 500 miles, had crank and a rebore done.

thanks again Alan for your help.

Some times I look back at my life, And I am seriously Impressed, I am still a live...
graseal

Post by graseal »

all up and runing fine.

the engines alot better than it was.

graham :tw

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Tip top!!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated