Ow much? (bit gory, so be aware!!)

You can chat about anything you like here
teebowbusablaster

Re: Ow much? (bit gory, so be aware!!)

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Only advice I can give is listen to your body.....
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Ahh, but which bit?!?! ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, the redlegitis has continued unabated with me taking lots of meds & several visits to the local quack + Rotherham Horsepingtile for scans etc. Last visit was yesterday and infection seems to have sodded off, but leg still far from better. Not been in the garage for ages & sorned the Guzzi yesterday, so bike season will resume next year I suspect.... So as I was really bored, I did a calculation to save the nhs some time.......

Here's a quick recap of meds taken since 20th Oct when I ended up in the horsepingtile....
I understand they are different types of antibiotics, all with different side effects.
'About' 28 doses of i.v Flucloxacillin + 16 i.v. doses of Clindamycin (in the first 7 days!)
Now onto tablets.....
In the last 5 weeks, I've had 138 500mg tablets of Flucloxacillin, 132 150mg tabs of Clindamycin, 9 100mg tabs of Doxycycline, 11 x 500mg tabs of Clarithromycin, and another prescription of 24 500mg Flucloxacillin tablets from yesterday for three days.
That's a total of 314 assorted tablets weighing in at 119.2 grammes (or 4.2 ounces!), (plus the i.v. meds).
Oh and some oatmilk cream for me semi crozzled leg skin.
Good job I don't pay for meds innit!!!
Now the only side effects other than dry & cracked skin on the red cellulitis leg, has been the ability to crap through the eye of a needle several times a day and the inability (more like 'I daren't') to fart, due to obvious reasons. Fortunately, the old rule of 'never pass a toilet' has been very carefully kept to and no accidents have happened! The amount of bog roll used has been 'a lot' and sneezing a lot for the last couple of days has caused some near miss moments. Thankfully sneezyitis has now gone!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Immediately after returning from Madeira a couple of weeks ago, the inflammation flared up again, & I had more time in horsepingtile on iv antibiotics. 'They' can't understand what the infection is or how to stop it, so you can guess that I'm heartily unimpressed with the S in NHS.
Ward staff are very capable, but the further up the 'tree of knowledge' you look, it appears there are more monkeys. :(
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Escaped last Friday, back in today.
Here's the latest Canalletto - or Canneloni, or summat...
Attachments
CanI Eckerslike
CanI Eckerslike
Canaloni
Canaloni
Canaletto
Canaletto
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Here we go again....
Discharged from Horsepingtile last Friday evening (with a high blood infection as it turns out!) and readmitted yesterday for another session of antibiotics.
I don't think my 'lack of expertise at management level' letter was that well received, but it seems to have worked.
eh.gif
eh.gif (343 Bytes) Viewed 120 times
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Sorry to hear your going through the NHS mill mate. Get well soon
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Finally got my bionic shoulder fitted :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_5822.jpeg
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
RobMc

Post by RobMc »

That looks painful Paul,I hope you get well soon,probably loads of physio ahead.. :(