ACCENT ELECTRONIC IGNITION

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
badladjohn

Re: ACCENT ELECTRONIC IGNITION

Post by badladjohn »

oh looks like i have opened a can of worms here!.well my bike isnt totally original, my intention is to build a nice looking standardish bike on a budget, one that will get used on a regular basis.i agree if i was building a show bike then it should be original.but like i say this isnt my intention, each to thier own i say.i chose the accent system because it is a straightforward fit without any modification to the wiring or butchering at all..plug and play, enabling the original points to be refitted in a matter of half an hour.not every one is bothered about total originality,i will use pattern parts where i can(if the original part is too expensive),at the end of the day its another kettle still on the road and being enjoyed. if you want total originality thats cool..but not everyone is the same..keep em running and being enjoyed i say!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

If you decide to 'go traditional' and forsake the electrickery stuff, I'll offer you a couple of 'bob' to take it off your hands John, you bad lad!!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

100% agree,keep them. running & being enjoyed,have points fitted at the moment that will not need touching for 2 years,based on mileage & previous experience to keep the bike running like it should. BUT will go with the Accent system next time points need attention,just to make maintenance a little easier,no more putting a little drop of oil on the felt pad rubbing on the cam,no more timing light,or the odd condenser problem? Cheers, Roger.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.