allan millyard; has he done any suzuki's?

Post here if you are doing anything different
paul

Re: allan millyard; has he done any suzuki's?

Post by paul »

wardy wrote:I've just spent a fair while this morning looking round Rick Brett's website and some of the great specials that Allen Millyard has built with Kawasaki triples.
I wondered if anyone has attempted something similar with our beloved Suzuki triples; e.g. a four cylinder Gt1000 or a four useing gt380/550 motors?
The Kawasaki ones are amazing.
hi all,im new to this forum,and will introduce my self properly to you all later,
and i know this post is fairly old,but i had to let you know i own a allen millyard motor,based round a gt380 and made into a 4 cylinder 500cc,the only one ever made,unless you no different,has never been put in a frame,and is currently a 60kg paper weight in my living room,when built up you would never know the engine didn't leave the factory this way Image
Last edited by paul on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi and welcome to the forum Paul. Would love to see some photos.

Regards

Martin
paul

Post by paul »

it worked once,so here is a second picture Image
garry55

Post by garry55 »

how would that drive the rear wheel when the sprocket is on the centre line of the motor?
I had to extend the output shaft and run an outrigger bearing to get the sprockets to line up on my V4.
Unless he was going to use a 2-sprocket countershaft in the frame?
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Garry.

Inside every standard Kettle is a bloody good engine crying for help............... :D
paul

Post by paul »

garry55 wrote:how would that drive the rear wheel when the sprocket is on the centre line of the motor?
I had to extend the output shaft and run an outrigger bearing to get the sprockets to line up on my V4.
Unless he was going to use a 2-sprocket countershaft in the frame?
Hmmmmmmmmmm
on the 5 cylinder kawazaki's he made longer gearbox shafts to replace the original,on the 380 you could use 2 sprockets and a bit of duplex chain,and then use a outrigger bearing and short shaft to join them,i did experiment with a gt250 gear shaft,and a spare gear with the same shaft grooves so you could join the two shaft,abit like a tractor pto, and have a 2 bearing outrigger to support it,from memory i think it has to go out 55mm