BAZ

Re: dream machine paint work?

Post by BAZ »

Both
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

You must have been out when i rang to,
I will ring you tomorrow during the day.
Boilerman

Post by Boilerman »

We will all have different experiences of course and I can only speak about my own encounters with Dream Machine, maybe I was just unlucky when I tried to use them, but from my experience of sending them lots of jobs it's not possible to recommend them.

Using them can be an expensive lottery, not sure Baz would appreciate me listing on his forum the problems that I've had with their idea of what's acceptable, but I'll give one short example.

They brought back a XJR1300 kit in Roberts yellow with Eagles' heads on the side panels. It was rubbish! Runs in the paint, speed blocks didn't line up, deep sanding marks in the yellow which made it look as if they had keyed the original paint with a house brick, overspray inside of the tank, utter garbage, not possible to put onto a bike for the showroom. Anyway, one of the workshop lads fitted the kit to a bike, their rep, Rob came in to see if we had any work to give them, I said that I wanted him to look at the XJR paint, he refused to believe that they had done it and said that quality of work would never leave their workshop and that I was trying to get them to correct someone elses poor work.

I knew they had done it and asked if he was doubting my word, things got a bit out of hand with him accusing me of being untruthful. Only when I took the tank off and showed him the Dream Machine job number on the underside did he have to accept that they had done the job.

I ushered him out of the building and have not used them since.

By contrast, Terry at Racepaint UK did some RC30s for me, these were nice bikes that were to be sold to fussy owners, the original panels had just the usual bubbling on the tailpieces and minor marks from normal use, the kits were returned on time and were all but indistinguishable from original, he also did a 996R that I had with 100 miles on the clock that had fallen on one side, he matched the original finish exactly, and quicker and for less money than our friends at Dream Machine. No hesitation whatsoever in sending parts from my own bikes to him.

But as I said above, we all have different experiences, and some people seem more than happy with what they have had done by Dream machine.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,my painter in Sydney has retired & hung up his spray gun,I think he painted every classic,veteran bike in Sydney !
its going to be hard to find another painter that will do a top job.I can imagine how annoying & frustrating it must be thinking you are getting the best job possible..then get back sub standard work.

Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.