2 stroke and all the gubbins

Post here if you are doing anything different
busaboy1300

2 stroke and all the gubbins

Post by busaboy1300 »

Hi every 1 , this is just a question about all the 2 stroke gubbins , i have the engine out for a crank seal replacement and was wondering weather to take all the sris pipes and hoses off along with the tank and mix the 2 stroke with the petrol , the bike is a dunstall rep with after market wheels ,exhausts etc etc so nowhere near standard, i did this yrs ago but left the hoses and pump on its not about weight saving as i'm easily 4 + stone heavier now ,
Attachments
20140705_130406.jpg
Roger Ackery

Re: 2 stroke and all the gubbins

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,stick with the pump ! delivers oil precisely where it has to go,crank bearings ! This is lost to a certain extent when mixing oil with petrol in the fuel tank,CCI/Posi-Force design was a great thing in the old days when compared to other systems from Yamaha & other two stroke manufactures. 8-)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
astrax

Post by astrax »

+1 on Rogers comments, keep the oil pump, very reliable and no need to carry a container of your favourite 2 stroke when topping up with fuel.

Ian.
Clyde903

Post by Clyde903 »

+2 on Rogers comments.
Suzuki cranks and bearings are virtually indestructible unless you get moisture (corrosion) into the engine.
Also if you want to run premix, it would be best to remove the three oil slingers from the crank as they effectively stop any oil/petrol mix getting to the main bearings.