Accent Ignition Fitted Today

Post here if you are doing anything different
Roger Ackery

Accent Ignition Fitted Today

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,received my Accent ignition last Wednesday from Germany...unfortunately I've been recovering from a chest infection & only managed to feel well enough to fit it today.Very straight forward replacement for the points & condensers,you just have to remove the plastic plug connectors to route the wires between the engine & swing arm...join up again,plug into your harness & set the timing.The immediate things I've noticed,is that the bike now idles better when cold & seems to be more responsive to the throttle,a longer run is required for an proper evaluation....20 kms not enough, I'll go out mid week for an extended run..I'm sure I'll notice a big difference.
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
martyducati

Re: Accent Ignition Fitted Today

Post by martyducati »

I've just recieved a email from uwe saying he has just shipped mine(for550A) so I'm glad you found it easy to fit,hopefully I'll have no dramas fitting mine!
Are you still happy with the system? :D
Cheers Marty!
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Have got my 550 Accent unit, not quite as plug and play as the Kettle one was. It came with a Kettle style plug, don't know about others but the connectors for my points etc are bullets and the cable runs up the left hand side of the frame to near the battery. Not a great problem had to remove the plug fit bullets also had to pick the electrical supply up from the orange cable to the rear brake switch as the supplied cable isn't long enough to run to the indicator relay.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

;) Hi Marty,yes everything still good with the Kettle,5,000km now since Accent fitted ! going extremely well..I fitted a Mottobat battery back in November which has helped with the starting side of things as well ;) "if" I ever have an issue with the Accent,I'll let it be known here :oops:

Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.