GT750J model gauge restoration

Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

GT750J model gauge restoration

Post by Waterbuffalo »

I now offer restoration of these types of gauges. Their internal design and overall construction make them very time consuming to restore, compared to the K through to B model types of gauge.
I've enclosed a few photos showing some stages of the parts in restoration.
IMG_0033.JPG
A few J model speedometers stripped down for cleaning and rebuilding (left and centre items of the photo)

IMG_0055.JPG
Some completed J model gauges, as well as four rebuilt and calibrated J model speedo and tach mechanisms

IMG_0048.JPG
A fully rebuilt set of J model gauges

Barry Wilkes UK 1.JPG
Another fully rebuilt set of J model gauges
Two strokes, its just that simple.
PaulD738

Re: GT750J model gauge restoration

Post by PaulD738 »

Not that I can afford it just yet and I know the price will vary depending on the condition of the originals but what sort of cost (just a rough guide) is involved to restore all three gauges on my 750J?
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

PM sent to you Paul
Waterbuffalo

Post by Waterbuffalo »

A photo showing current restoration work I'm doing on these J model gauges. Theres still lots more to do, but things are slowly moving ahead to completion. Theres still the restored needles to retip their ends, the tachometer faces to add once they are restored, and the trip knobs and the stub shafts need adding to the speedometer cases. Once these large gauges are done, I'll start on the temperature gauges to finish them into complete sets of three gauges.
IMG_0094.JPG
J model speedometers and tachometers in stages of restoration