SODA BLASTING

GT blues

SODA BLASTING

Post by GT blues »

Hi all, Re Soda blasting, This is the safest way to clean engine's, the soda is water soluable and will not damage engine's if left behind ie in oilways, it will disolve in the oil and come out on oil change. The finnish is very gentle on the metal and will not cause any damage what so ever. It will remove paint back to bare metal but will not remove heavy rust, It can be used with chrome parts still in place as it will not even mark this. I am setting up a unit to enable me to clean any parts up to and inc frames, wheels, petrol tanks, cases , whatever, I'm in Kent and will be happy to take on work for you chap's, I am a business but have worked on Kettle's since they first landed in the UK and just as darft about them as ever. Ian, Classic Bike Restorations Ltd. classicbikerestorations@hotmail.co.uk 01634 241747, 07719123255, also 10% off labour for all Kettle Clinick members. Ultra sound cleaning and zinc plate(BZP and yellow) should be ready for June 2011, Give use a call if you need advice,
Last edited by GT blues on Wed May 25, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mark.read3

Re: SODA BLASTING

Post by mark.read3 »

I have a strange feeling your going to be very popular with the southern memebers on this forum..nice one.
astrax

Post by astrax »

mark.read3 wrote:I have a strange feeling your going to be very popular with the southern members on this forum..nice one.
Unfortunately Ian ( GT blues ) is still too far North for me, but would have been very interested if he was nearer Portsmouth, as I need my cylinder block and head blasting.

Ian ( astrax )

There's probably more members called Ian than GT's now
GT blues

Re: SODA BLASTING .... In Kent

Post by GT blues »

Thanks lad's, Portsmouth!, my daughter went to uni their so I know it well, she now lives in Hove so I,m that way every so often, I will post when its up and running so if you still have engine apart I can pick up and drop off. Another thing with this kit is that it strips paint off plastic parts about a layer at a time so wont damage parts befor re-paint, Another set-up that should be ready of the end of this year is spray on chrome, will cost me a lot to set up so why!, well, if you have plastic plarts that had a chrome finnish thats now shot, I can re chrome at better than new, It dont stop their as I will be able to chrome any material, ie, metal, glass, plastic, even outer cable sleeve, complete bikes!, the finish is flexable so dirt bike mudgards ok to, also good for Brit bikes with chrome tank that are past being able to be plated, The chrome can be tinted in any colour so it looks a bit like a candy. again I will post when set up.
Regards, Ian.
astrax

Post by astrax »

Hi Ian

I would be very interested in the chrome spray, have seen lots of it on youtube, I have done chrome powder coating on ally, but it doesn't looks anywhere near as good as stuff done on youtube on fairing and alike, I think the plastic grill on the front of the radiator would look good done in chrome, or blue candy.

Good luck with business and post some photos when you can.

Thanks

Ian
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Lets have some pictures!
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

BAZ wrote:Lets have some pictures!
Ditto to that - I'd also be interested in more detail about the process. Is this just paint, or something else ?
astrax wrote:There's probably more members called Ian than GT's now
How right - although as a close friend of mine - Iain - tells me, we all spell it incorrectly !Image
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Ian , if you you tube "spray on chrome jay lenos garage" it'll show you what its all about.
mark
GT blues

Post by GT blues »

Hi, Spray chrome, It is in fact silvering, the sort of thing used on a mirror, this system uses a special base coat followed by a two part process that uses di -ironized water plus silvering metal paint, these are mixed via a twin nozel gun and the two fluids are mixed after it leav's the gun, this is topped with a clear coat, it is this coat that colour is added to if required. It is a very hard finnish but unlike chrome, if the surfase has any rubbing damage, it can be polished out as the clear coat tends to be the one thats damaged. I have been dealing with the people that produce the system, they are inthe USA, if I can get the price right (12K) at the mo! I will bring it over. Their are some other systems about but they are not as good.
Gt blues.
GT blues

Post by GT blues »

Hi baz, go to spectrachrome.com, I did have some sprayed up parts to show people, but people would forget to send them back to me so I dont think I have any left.

Ian.