GT750 barrels

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
garry55

GT750 barrels

Post by garry55 »

can later (L/M/A/B) barrels be used on J /K crankcases?

Ta

Garry.
Garry.

Inside every standard Kettle is a bloody good engine crying for help............... :D
Kettletimes3

Re: GT750 barrels

Post by Kettletimes3 »

yes.All barrels fit all crankcases just different port timing.
teazer

Post by teazer »

Good thing about early crankcases is the number block which looks like a TR750. The bad thing is the lack of an O ring below the bypass tube which can allow water to enter the transmission.

Very early cases use taper fit SRIS valves which must be drilled out and tapped or blocked with Devcon or similar.

As teh prior poster mentioned, all barrels can be used on all bottom end cases
garry55

Post by garry55 »

Thanks guys !

So - if I wanted to fit early barrels to later cases, I would only have to remove the dowels on the outer barrel studs?
Garry.

Inside every standard Kettle is a bloody good engine crying for help............... :D
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

garry55 wrote:So - if I wanted to fit early barrels to later cases, I would only have to remove the dowels on the outer barrel studs?
No - you can use the later dowelled studs with the early style barrels - in fact I normally convert early cases over to use the stepped studs as a matter of course as I usually also use the later crankshafts, new style con rods and new style pistons in the early cases. 8-)
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com